Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any Engineers from Canada?

1. Nov 17, 2007 #1
    What kind of engineer are you and do you know the job prospect for your field? If you do, what is it?

Is it difficult to find work for civil, mechanical and structural engineering in Canada, specifically Ontario?
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 21, 2007 #2
    I am a high school student but i know there are a lot of jobs for civil engineers in ontario.
  4. Nov 21, 2007 #3

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I work in Canada with Canadian engineers.
    A country that is famously "9months of winter followed by 3months of road repair" is always going to need civil engineers.
    In addition the number of engineers currently needed by mining and quarrying in Canada is unbelievable.
    Canada is very strong on regarding engineering as a proffession. The web site is not exactly exciting but might have some useful info http://www.engineerscanada.ca/
  5. Nov 21, 2007 #4
    There are a lot of positions for mechanical engineers in Ontario. OPG, Hydro One and AECL hire a lot every year.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?