Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any films about relativity?

1. May 5, 2007 #1
    I want to ask please if you have any films about relativity or modern physics in general please let me know to make it easy to me to pass this course I m studying physics in BIRZEIT UNIVERSITY
  2. jcsd
  3. May 5, 2007 #2

Chris Hillman

Science Advisor

Physics visualization = physics made easy?

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/RelWWW/HTML/visual.html should help

Hmm... if you are struggling in a physics course, I don't see how visualization websites will render it easy for you to improve your performance. If you haven't already done so, I suggest you ask your instructor for help/advice as soon as possible.

(BTW, if the real question is "how can I pass the physics course in which I am enrolled?", this thread should probably be moved to the "Academic advice" forum here at PF.)
  4. May 5, 2007 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Some interesting general audience films not on the list above are at Searle's website:

They are interesting visualizations of Terrell rotation (among other things), but I'm not sure it will help anyone pass a course.

An extremely basic treatment of SR that won the Pirelli award that might actually help some struggling students is available at

I'd say it's aimed at the high school level, not college level. It does gloss over a few (ok, many) subtle points, though.
    Last edited: May 6, 2007
  5. May 5, 2007 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?