Are There Other Confirmed Geniuses in this Forum?

In summary, this thread was about a person who is a genius, and everyone who responded agreed that the person is a genius. They also agreed that the person is not presidential timber, but they said their other skills make up for it.
JanSafr
Trolling first post at PF
Am a mathematical genius and computer science and other by most metrics that are available today.

Are there any other here who are confirmed to be such?
Trying to find a forum of smart people.

Attachments

• poopeebutnotpeepoo.png
    poopeebutnotpeepoo.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Haha
  • Skeptical
Likes nuuskur, LCSphysicist, Haborix and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
Jan
E
Safr

Soooooper Genius.
I like the sound of that.

Likes PhDeezNutz and russ_watters
I too identify as a genius. Furthermore, I identify all others as geniuses, too!

I know I'm a legend in my own mind...probably a genius too.

Likes CalcNerd, PhDeezNutz and Haborix
and, sorry, just to check that you are actually a genius, please provide the solution to the following:

Show that the all the complex zeros of ##\zeta(s)## have real part equal to ##1/2##, where $$\zeta(s)=\sum_{n=1}^\infty\frac{1}{n^s}$$

Likes Spinnor, valenumr, Hamiltonian and 1 other person
True geniuses don't do trivial problems.

• Haha
Likes CalcNerd, Spinnor, valenumr and 5 others
Damn, touche, you are a true genius.

Likes david2 and berkeman
I'm a genius at locking threads and giving infractions to trolls. Nuff said. :wink:

• Love
  • Wow
Likes Spinnor, david2, rsk and 6 others
Sorry to overstep my authority after the lock, but I finally realized what bothered me about this statement by the OP (other than the trolling). I'll unlock the thread and thread ban the OP to ask who else sees the irony in this violation of the grammar police code...

JanSafr said:
Am a mathematical genius and computer science and other by most metrics that are available today.

noun, adjective, noun

Last edited:
Likes russ_watters and david2
I'm only annoyed because I forgot to say I was a very stable genius. Ah well... not presidential timber.

• Haha
Likes CalcNerd, collinsmark, Jarvis323 and 5 others
Haborix said:
and, sorry, just to check that you are actually a genius, please provide the solution to the following:

Show that the all the complex zeros of ##\zeta(s)## have real part equal to ##1/2##, where $$\zeta(s)=\sum_{n=1}^\infty\frac{1}{n^s}$$
No problem. I have a proof under the RH (standard assumption in cryptology).

• Haha
Likes nuuskur and Haborix
I'm stupid, sorry.

Likes PhDeezNutz
Great 1rd post!

• Haha
Likes strangerep, russ_watters and berkeman
hutchphd said:
I'm only annoyed because I forgot to say I was a very stable genius. Ah well... not presidential timber.
Are you sure you're not just meta-stable?

Wouldn't the plural of genius be genii?

Likes symbolipoint
Geni was a genius
At least her mamma said.
She could finish her math
Before her bath,
and off she went to bed.

I work with a number of geniuses. Every day. In a furniture warehouse..

Mondayman said:
I work with a number of geniuses. Every day. In a furniture warehouse..
Not an apple store?

Likes PhDeezNutz
There was one, but sadly he left.

Likes PhDeezNutz
Just because a person opens themselves up to ridicule does not mean that it is nice to pile on.

Likes Mayhem
caz said:
Just because a person opens themselves up to ridicule does not mean that it is nice to pile on.
Yeah, I guess it's time to tie off this thread now. Thanks folks.

Likes PhDeezNutz

1. What qualifies someone as a "genius"?

The term "genius" is subjective and can have different interpretations. Some may consider a genius to be someone with a high level of intelligence and exceptional abilities in a specific field, while others may view it as a combination of creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.

2. How do you measure someone's intelligence?

There are various standardized tests, such as IQ tests, that are used to measure intelligence. However, these tests only provide a limited understanding of a person's overall intelligence and should not be the sole factor in determining someone's level of intelligence.

3. Can someone become a genius, or is it innate?

While some people may have a natural inclination towards certain skills or abilities, anyone can develop and improve their intelligence and skills through hard work, dedication, and practice. Therefore, it is possible for someone to become a genius through effort and determination.

4. Are geniuses born or made?

Similar to the previous question, the answer is that both nature and nurture play a role in someone's intelligence and abilities. While genetics may contribute to certain traits, a person's environment and experiences also play a significant role in shaping their intelligence and skills.

5. Are there different types of geniuses?

Yes, there is not a single definition or type of genius. Some may excel in a specific academic field, while others may possess exceptional artistic or athletic abilities. Additionally, there are various categories of intelligence, such as emotional intelligence and social intelligence, which can also be considered aspects of being a "genius".