Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any good news

1. Nov 30, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

I need to hear some good news stories to cheer me up, so what good news do you have?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 30, 2008 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You're well-loved on PF *virtual hug* !!

4. Nov 30, 2008 #3
    Thanks Wolram. I needed a place to put this and you have provided it.

I and the family went to Maine this long Thanksgiving weekend. We were greeted by Turbo-1 when we got there. We only saw the coastal area which is spectacular. The beaches are fine to look at and probably are good for swimming in the summer. I recommend the town of York in particular, but there are other beaches as well. The weather was surprisingly warm, but it rained all day Friday and all day today as we wended our way back home. We got as far north as Bar Harbor which is a kind of resort, but was closed for the season. It was something of a disappointment that we were unable to see Acadia National Park as it was closed for the season as well. The lobsters are sweet, delicious, and cheap. A good time was had by all.

5. Nov 30, 2008 #4
    i managed to give away my last two kittens today. seems no one wants the male ones (afraid of spraying), but i a guy with lots of land wanted them, and they'll be able to take shelter from the weather in his basement, so all is good.

6. Nov 30, 2008 #5

turbo

Gold Member

I have been deemed fully disabled by Social Security, after years of not being able to earn a living. For someone that has worked full-time (as much as possible - summers and all vacations) from the age of 14, it has been crushing to have relied on my wife's income only, the last few years.

I would rather work, but if I can pull back some of the $$$$$ that I have paid over the decades to get a little income, that's good.

7. Dec 1, 2008 #6

wolram

Gold Member

Thanks Lisab, a hug is worth a thousand words :biggrin: Jimmy it must have been an experience meeting Turbo, did he feed you?

8. Dec 1, 2008 #7

neu

I got a blowy the other night

9. Dec 1, 2008 #8
    I woke up this morning.

On time.

10. Dec 1, 2008 #9
    We spoke on the phone. He fed me information.

11. Dec 1, 2008 #10

wolram

Gold Member

I guess a blowy is a hair do?

12. Dec 1, 2008 #11

neu

Well in a "There's Something About Mary" kind of way yes.

13. Dec 1, 2008 #12
    A friend said "thank you" to me.

14. Dec 1, 2008 #13

wolram

Gold Member

There must be a story behind this?

15. Dec 1, 2008 #14
    in a "There's Something About Mary" kind of way, yes?

16. Dec 1, 2008 #15

wolram

Gold Member

Go on then, i have to ask who Mary is i guess.

17. Dec 2, 2008 #16
    There's Something About Mary is a movie. But no, that's not the story. It's much more down to earth. I'm a collector. Some are collecting stamps, others are collecting money. I'm collecting thank-you's for some reason, so it's good news gettimg another one.

18. Dec 2, 2008 #17
    We broke our record at work! :biggrin:

19. Dec 2, 2008 #18

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My cat can now eat something besides Friskies Shredded Beef. She had a bad food allergy but seems to be outgrowing it.

20. Dec 2, 2008 #19

wolram

Gold Member

What record would that be?

21. Dec 2, 2008 #20

wolram

Gold Member

Thank you Andre.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?