Any good PC-to-Phone free software available?

• Thread starter DivGradCurl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Software
In summary, PC-to-Phone free software is a program that allows users to make phone calls from their computer to a phone number using VoIP technology. It is generally safe to use and can be used to make international calls at a lower cost. However, there may be limitations on the number of free calls or call duration, and the call quality may depend on the user's internet connection and the software provider's network. It is important to research and choose a reputable software provider to ensure safety and quality of calls.
DivGradCurl
Hello guys,

Does anyone know a good PC-to-Phone free software available in the web?

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
I use skype ... http://www.skype.com/ ... the software is free, but I'm not sure whether there are free PC to telephone ones available ?

I thought such thing existed... the ads out there are misleading to attract our attention. The Pc-to-Phone thing is charged :( . Your skype sounds like a good alternative, though. Thanks.

1. What is PC-to-Phone free software?

PC-to-Phone free software is a program that allows users to make phone calls from their computer to a phone number, typically for free or at a lower cost than traditional phone services.

2. How does PC-to-Phone free software work?

PC-to-Phone free software uses Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology to convert voice signals into digital data that can be transmitted over the internet. The software then connects to a phone number, either through a landline or mobile network, to complete the call.

3. Is PC-to-Phone free software safe to use?

Most PC-to-Phone free software programs use encryption technology to protect users' personal information and calls from being intercepted. However, it is always recommended to research and choose a reputable and trusted software provider to ensure the safety and security of your calls.

4. Can I make international calls with PC-to-Phone free software?

Yes, many PC-to-Phone free software programs offer international calling options at a lower cost compared to traditional phone services. However, it is important to check the rates and fees associated with international calls before using the software.

5. Are there any limitations to PC-to-Phone free software?

Some PC-to-Phone free software programs may have limitations on the number of free calls or call duration per day or month. Additionally, the quality of the call may depend on the user's internet connection and the software provider's network. It is best to check the features and limitations of the software before using it.