Any good references on EIT?

1. is there any good reference on EIT?

with some emphasis on the actual mathematical calculations

2. jcsd
  3. are you talking about electromagnetically induced transparency

4. yes, exactly

5. end of day, but i will dig up a few papers that i have on it. came up recently in the context of some research on fano resonances, there is a good paper which presents a good toy model ... just can not remember what journal....

6. I found the following paper by Fleischhauer, Imamoglu and Marangos useful. It is fairly extensive, although I don't know if it has as much math as you want.

RMP_EIT_Fleischhauer.pdf

7. So I just looked through my folder on these and realized that most of my papers are based on the discussion of Fano resonances. Since EIT is a type of Fano resonance.

So you would be best served looking at the first paper by Fano: Phy Rev 1961 vol 124 #6,

also found this paper interesting: Classical analogy of Fano Resonaces, Joe et al Phys scr 74 (2006) 259

Attached Files:

8. thanks a lot

yeah, but fano's paper is a bit hard for me

years ago, i read it, but cannot follow the math there

the problem is that there are some delta functions

i will try again

9. agree the fano paper being difficult, but you said you wanted the hard math to the phenomena. ;-)

that said as fano/eit are being referenced a bit more in some of the optics lit that I am reading for plasmons, I would suggest doing the whole check references and see where it leads you. that is what i have done.

by the way there is one other paper that i got recently in prepress that has lots of good refs. I will dig it out when i get home.

j

10. Read this referenece

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?