Any good references on EIT?

In summary, the paper by Fleischhauer, Imamoglu and Marangos is a good reference for understanding EIT.
wdlang
is there any good reference on EIT?

with some emphasis on the actual mathematical calculations

Physics news on Phys.org
are you talking about electromagnetically induced transparency

josh_einsle said:
are you talking about electromagnetically induced transparency

yes, exactly

end of day, but i will dig up a few papers that i have on it. came up recently in the context of some research on fano resonances, there is a good paper which presents a good toy model ... just can not remember what journal...

I found the following paper by Fleischhauer, Imamoglu and Marangos useful. It is fairly extensive, although I don't know if it has as much math as you want.

http://www.unl.edu/amop/pdf_files/RMP_EIT_Fleischhauer.pdf" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just looked through my folder on these and realized that most of my papers are based on the discussion of Fano resonances. Since EIT is a type of Fano resonance.

So you would be best served looking at the first paper by Fano: Phy Rev 1961 vol 124 #6,

also found this paper interesting: Classical analogy of Fano Resonaces, Joe et al Phys scr 74 (2006) 259

Attachments

• lukin_nature_EIT_2001.pdf
    194.1 KB · Views: 290
  • joe_2006_classical_fano.pdf
    225.5 KB · Views: 233
josh_einsle said:
So I just looked through my folder on these and realized that most of my papers are based on the discussion of Fano resonances. Since EIT is a type of Fano resonance.

So you would be best served looking at the first paper by Fano: Phy Rev 1961 vol 124 #6,

also found this paper interesting: Classical analogy of Fano Resonaces, Joe et al Phys scr 74 (2006) 259

thanks a lot

yeah, but fano's paper is a bit hard for me

years ago, i read it, but cannot follow the math there

the problem is that there are some delta functions

i will try again

agree the fano paper being difficult, but you said you wanted the hard math to the phenomena. ;-)

that said as fano/eit are being referenced a bit more in some of the optics lit that I am reading for plasmons, I would suggest doing the whole check references and see where it leads you. that is what i have done.

by the way there is one other paper that i got recently in prepress that has lots of good refs. I will dig it out when i get home.

j

Read this referenece

Attachments

• LWI in a driven Lambda three-level atom and effects of the probe laser on EIT.pdf
    166.4 KB · Views: 240

1. What is EIT?

EIT stands for Electrical Impedance Tomography, which is a medical imaging technique that uses electrical measurements to produce images of the internal structures of the body.

2. How does EIT work?

EIT works by applying small electrical currents to the body and measuring the resulting voltages. These measurements are then used to create a 2D or 3D image of the internal structures, such as organs or tissues.

3. What are some applications of EIT?

EIT has a wide range of applications, including lung imaging for monitoring respiratory function, breast imaging for detecting tumors, and brain imaging for studying brain activity.

4. Are there any limitations to EIT?

One limitation of EIT is that it can only produce images of structures with significant electrical contrast, such as those containing air, fluid, or tumors. Additionally, EIT images may have lower resolution and accuracy compared to other imaging techniques, such as MRI or CT scans.

5. Can you recommend any good references on EIT?

Yes, some good references on EIT include the book "Electrical Impedance Tomography: Methods, History and Applications" by David Holder, and the journal "Physiological Measurement" which often publishes articles on EIT research and developments.