Any guitarists here?

  • #1
Yea, wondering if there are anyone who play guitar round here? maybe this thread can be talking about that broom with the 6 strings on.
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
1,100
0
I know there are but I am a musician not a guitarist. Sorry.

The Bob (2004 ©)
 
  • #3
1,490
26
Yeah, I play a little. Mostly electric, but some accustic.
 
  • #4
1,100
0
Artman said:
Yeah, I play a little. Mostly electric, but some accustic.

Acoustic (Sorry but I must correct music). :redface: :biggrin: :shy: :tongue2:

The Bob (2004 ©)
 
  • #5
1,490
26
The Bob said:
Acoustic (Sorry but I must correct music). :redface: :biggrin: :shy: :tongue2:

The Bob (2004 ©)

You know something, I used the spellcheck feature and it highlighted that word and I pushed the "correct" button! It didn't correct the word. :yuck:

I just did some research on my electric guitar and found that it is a vintage collectable. :smile: I was thinking about buying a new one, but in light of what I just discovered, I'm not so sure.

It's a Westbury Performer (not sure what year). It's not a bad guitar, but the back of the neck has a high gloss finish and my thumb sticks and makes it hard to move.

What do you guys think, should I just take some sandpaper to the neck and knock down the finish a little? Or is this a bad idea?
 
  • #6
1,100
0
Artman said:
You know something, I used the spellcheck feature and it highlighted that word and I pushed the "correct" button! It didn't correct the word. :yuck:

LoL

Artman said:
What do you guys think, should I just take some sandpaper to the neck and knock down the finish a little? Or is this a bad idea?

I think it is a bad idea. You just need to play it more and it will soon wear in.

The Bob (2004 ©)
 
  • #7
2,425
7
I play guitare piano and saxophone. None of them extraordinarily. But still. I like many different stuff, but I need classical music several times a week.

Totally agree with The Bob. You'll get used to it. Don't spoil it. Work hard. :wink:
 
  • #8
I play a little geetah, what types of music do PF members like to play? I'm currently trying to nail down "Zombie Inc" by IN FLAMES.
 
  • #9
18,423
8,260
I have a yamaha electric that I am trying to learn. I can pretty much learn most rock and pop songs if supplied the tabs, maybe not very well, but decently ;) My biggest problem is getting my fingers to move faster and in the correct position. I can always get in the general area, I must be guitar declined. :frown:
 
Last edited:
  • #10
chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
10,226
36
I play guitar also. I play an Ibanez S470 through a Marshall AVT275 combo, and also have a Takamine acoustic.

- Warren
 
  • #11
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
4,527
29
Piano and electric bass here. Guitar is nice, but melodic percussion is my thang!
 
  • #12
1,100
0
As everyone is posting what they play I will as well:

Cornet, Piano, Violoncello, Bassoon, Oboe, Saxophone (Alto and Tenor but the others are the same), melodic percussion (Glockenspiel, Xylophone, Tubular Bells etc..) and a bit of Bass Guitar.

The Bob (2004 ©)
 
  • #14
466
2
I play guitar, have for about 4 years, maybe I'll get up some clips tomorrow of some songs I've composed.
 
  • #15
466
2
chroot said:
I play guitar also. I play an Ibanez S470 through a Marshall AVT275 combo, and also have a Takamine acoustic.

- Warren
Man, those Ibanez S series guitars are really sweet, but sorry to hear about the amp, you know those AVT's are a ripoff, right? They make it seem like the preamp section's all tube when really there are something like 20 or 24 solid state transistors in the 100 model and only one tube(that's a trait of all the AVT's, the 20 or 24 SS transistors is just something with the 100, yours would need even more than that), and all it really does is add a bit of flavor to the sound. You could have spent around the same amount of money and gotten an all tube DSL 401 combo that would likely be more than loud enough for whatever you needed it for.

Speaking of which, what did you need such a loud amp for, you in a band and playing live shows, or do you just like pissing off your neighbors? :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
  • #16
399
1
I play the piano. I'm trying to play the drums (no success yet). I also have a Fender electric guitar that I'm dying to play but I can't because my father wants me on the drums while he plays the guitar. :biggrin:
 
  • #17
467
1
Jin, if you are into simple guitar riffs, try "Rebel, Rebel" by David Bowie.
 
  • #18
Jin314159
JohnDubYa said:
Jin, if you are into simple guitar riffs, try "Rebel, Rebel" by David Bowie.

I can play that. =)
 
  • #19
36
0
hey, i have a Fender Stratocaster.

im not sure if i can say that i play any other instrument, i have picked out the intro for stairway to heaven on the piano by just listening. Just played it over and over again in my head since i already knew it for guitar.

Also have a Yamaha, accustic. I also play bass pretty well, but drums isn't my strongest side.
 
  • #20
I have a Squier (cheap subsidiary of Fender) strat with 2 humbuckers and a Vox amp. I am pretty crappy, but I do a decent Enter Sandman (minus the solo).
 
  • #21
1
0
I've got a couple of guitars. Fender hardtail strat and lonestar strat, Gibson Les Paul, Ibanes js-100 (for sale) and js-1000, Peavey Destiny custom, Washburn bass and a couple of cheapies in pieces.
 
  • #22
jimmy p
Gold Member
358
44
I bought a bass guitar recently (less than a week ago), and I've already worked out most the bassline to "Otherside" by the RHCP. Now if I could play it like Flea...

I feel so simple with my 4 strings.
 
  • #23
1,490
26
jimmy p said:
I bought a bass guitar recently (less than a week ago), and I've already worked out most the bassline to "Otherside" by the RHCP. Now if I could play it like Flea...

I feel so simple with my 4 strings.

There was a man at a party who wanted to talk to people on their level, so he asked them their IQ before having a conversation.

The first person he talked with had an IQ of 150, so he said, "So, are you interested in Astro Physics?"

The next person he talked with had an IQ of 100, so he said, "How do you like the plays of Shakespere?"

The next person he spoke with had an IQ of 56, so he said, "What kind of bass strings do you use?"

:smile: :tongue: :smile: Just kidding, jimmy p. Actually, I play bass too.

I decided to hit the back of my guitar neck with a piece of extra fine sandpaper. It worked! it took the gloss off, and hasn't really hurt the appearance of the finish that much. The action is the best it has ever been for me. I was finally able to slide to notes without my hand getting stuck.
 
  • #24
1,100
0
Artman said:
I decided to hit the back of my guitar neck with a piece of extra fine sandpaper. It worked! it took the gloss off, and hasn't really hurt the appearance of the finish that much. The action is the best it has ever been for me. I was finally able to slide to notes without my hand getting stuck.

It was up to you. Glad you can slide and the appearance is fine.

The Bob (2004 ©)
 
  • #25
1,490
26
The Bob said:
It was up to you. Glad you can slide and the appearance is fine.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Yeah, even though several people here advised against it, I had found some people on the internet who had done it, so I decided to take the hit and try it. It saved me buying another guitar (that sticking was driving me nuts). It really is a pretty instrument, and sounds really good. Now the action is exactly what I wanted too.
 

Related Threads on Any guitarists here?

  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
14
Views
1K
  • Last Post
Replies
10
Views
882
  • Last Post
Replies
17
Views
4K
  • Last Post
Replies
5
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
12
Views
1K
  • Last Post
Replies
10
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
14
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
9
Views
2K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
36
Views
4K
Top