How Can I Make the Most of My Time as a Job Seeker After Finishing My Masters?

• Thread starter badfate
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Idea Time
In summary, the person is a job seeker with a Master's degree in VLSI Design & Embedded Systems. They are currently unemployed and want to find ways to utilize their time effectively. They have been going through books to brush up on their skills and are open to suggestions for courses, exams, or other activities. The conversation also touches on the person's doubts about their potential and their current job search situation. They are also open to improving their English skills.
badfate
Any idea to utilize time??

Hi! I'm a job seeker after finishing Masters in VLSI Design & Embedded Systems. I feel, my mind is empty now, so i keep going through books, just to brush up such as
Advanced Embedded Systems, Digital Design, Logic Design

So, any new idea to best utilize time effectively, that i should be doing now as i do not want to repent later saying i should have done that then.. So, please do let me know about books or courses, exams and related stuff.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
badfate said:
I feel, my mind is empty now, so i keep going through books,

Do you build or repair electronic devices?

@^

how did you get that doubt now :O , i wonder. I clearly said I'm jobless, so i was just thinking of the many possibilities of using free time. Tell me if you get any idea.

btw, if you know kannada do tell me, i may express better :P (just kidding)

badfate said:
I clearly said I'm jobless

You can still build things even if you are jobless. People who are interested in practical electronics don't have empty minds. They are too busy tinkering. Are you someone who was trained in electrical engineering but has no real zest for it?

yes yes exactly! but its all over now. One word is, i think I'm not best in this or my potential lies in other subject (but still far better in comparison as i have completed even a masters with good record).

Anyways no point thinking about not being one right, have to move on, its past .
you still have any doubts??

badfate said:
yes yes exactly! but its all over now. One word is, i think I'm not best in this or my potential lies in other subject (but still far better in comparison as i have completed even a masters with good record).

Anyways no point thinking about not being one right, have to move on, its past .
you still have any doubts??

You could study up on English! Find some kind of employment, or something that looks like employment. Hiring managers rarely hire people who say that they're currently unemployed.

@^

English.. hmmm thanks but let me think!

When i said jobless, i didnt mean it by choice. Obviously I'm looking for a proper job and if hiring team do not look for ppl like me, i can't lie as this is what the situation is. Let's see, if those rare managers catch my profile to offer a job. Problem was not about finding job rather to find ways that occupy me most of the time effectively.

1. How can I effectively manage my time?

One way to manage your time effectively is to create a schedule or to-do list. Prioritize your tasks and allocate specific blocks of time for each task. Also, try to eliminate distractions and focus on one task at a time.

2. What are some productive ways to utilize free time?

Some productive ways to utilize free time include learning a new skill, exercising, reading, volunteering, or spending quality time with loved ones. It's important to find activities that align with your interests and goals.

3. How can I avoid wasting time?

To avoid wasting time, it's important to identify your time-wasters. This could be excessive social media use, procrastination, or multitasking. Once you're aware of these habits, try to limit or eliminate them. It may also help to set specific goals and deadlines for yourself.

4. What are some tips for maximizing productivity during busy times?

During busy times, it's important to prioritize your tasks and focus on the most important ones first. Delegate tasks if possible and try to avoid taking on too much. Additionally, taking short breaks and practicing self-care can help prevent burnout and maintain productivity.

5. How can I make the most of my commute or downtime?

One way to make the most of your commute or downtime is to use it for learning or personal development. You can listen to audiobooks, podcasts, or educational lectures. You can also use this time to practice mindfulness or plan out your day. It's also important to use this time for rest and relaxation when needed.