Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any Lego masters here?

1. play/build

80.0%
  2. model

20.0%
  3. both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. none

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mar 21, 2016 #1
    I grew up with Lego Bricks and know they make for great models. Always wondered how many scientists use Lego Bricks? (Even just to play/build with them)?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2016 #2
    For an introductory robotics subject at my university we used lego to build a couple of autonomous robots : ). Lego definitely has its advantages in situations like this. No need to have actual parts sourced from various places etc.

4. Mar 22, 2016 #3
    I had a whole Lego town as a kid. I loved the creativity.

5. Mar 22, 2016 #4
    I have gotten Lego Bricks for my b-day as long as I can remember, in fact, as far as I can remember all the Lego sets I ever remember getting were Star Wars.

6. Mar 22, 2016 #5
    As an aspiring young ninja I would deploy my caltrops in a haphazard, yet thorough, manner.

7. Mar 22, 2016 #6

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I play Lego with my kids daily.

8. Mar 23, 2016 #7
    I only had one original Lego in my life because it used to be extremely expensive and only few kids had it.
    It was a tiny set for building a beach house. There were also palms and a boat. I liked it but was a bit disappointed because there were not many bricks to build with.

9. Mar 23, 2016 #8

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Ha! I'm 15 but I still can't help playing with legos sometimes. I used to have the sets, but figured that designing my own was even better. I believe that my masterpiece was a mansion that I built that included a kitchen with an island, oven that opened, and fridge; a living room with a fire place, grand piano, and working sliding door entrance to the backyard (which had a garden and seesaw); a bathroom with a tiled shower, toilet, and sink; two bedrooms that both had desks with swivel chairs and balconies (one also had a bunk bed with ladder); and a garage that opened like a real one with a workshop area and car.

But then it was destroyed by giant house-breaking monsters (i.e. siblings). Good times :smile:

10. Mar 23, 2016 #9
    My masterpeice was a Benny Spaceship that I turned into a pirate ship w\ propeller

11. Mar 23, 2016 #10
    Didn't last long

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted