Lego Masters: Scientists Who Use Lego Bricks for Models/Play

In summary: Another LEGO set I loved was the Taj Mahal set. It had a lot of pieces and was really cool to build.In summary, Lego bricks are often used to make models, and they are very versatile. They are good for introductory robotics subjects because you don't need to have actual parts sourced from various places.

How many of y'all use Lego Bricks?

• Total voters
TheQuietOne
I grew up with Lego Bricks and know they make for great models. Always wondered how many scientists use Lego Bricks? (Even just to play/build with them)?

Physics news on Phys.org
For an introductory robotics subject at my university we used lego to build a couple of autonomous robots : ). Lego definitely has its advantages in situations like this. No need to have actual parts sourced from various places etc.

I had a whole Lego town as a kid. I loved the creativity.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
I have gotten Lego Bricks for my b-day as long as I can remember, in fact, as far as I can remember all the Lego sets I ever remember getting were Star Wars.

As an aspiring young ninja I would deploy my caltrops in a haphazard, yet thorough, manner.

I play Lego with my kids daily.

I only had one original Lego in my life because it used to be extremely expensive and only few kids had it.
It was a tiny set for building a beach house. There were also palms and a boat. I liked it but was a bit disappointed because there were not many bricks to build with.

Ha! I'm 15 but I still can't help playing with legos sometimes. I used to have the sets, but figured that designing my own was even better. I believe that my masterpiece was a mansion that I built that included a kitchen with an island, oven that opened, and fridge; a living room with a fire place, grand piano, and working sliding door entrance to the backyard (which had a garden and seesaw); a bathroom with a tiled shower, toilet, and sink; two bedrooms that both had desks with swivel chairs and balconies (one also had a bunk bed with ladder); and a garage that opened like a real one with a workshop area and car.

But then it was destroyed by giant house-breaking monsters (i.e. siblings). Good times :smile:

Likes Sophia
My masterpeice was a Benny Spaceship that I turned into a pirate ship w\ propeller

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Didn't last long

Likes ProfuselyQuarky

1. How do scientists use Lego bricks for models/play?

Scientists use Lego bricks as a tool for building physical models to represent complex scientific concepts or processes. These models can be used for experimentation, visualization, and education.

2. What are the benefits of using Lego bricks in scientific research?

Lego bricks are versatile, durable, and readily available, making them a convenient tool for scientists. They also allow for hands-on learning and can help communicate complex ideas to a wider audience.

3. Can Lego bricks be used for serious scientific research?

Yes, Lego bricks have been used in various scientific fields, including biology, engineering, and physics. They can be used for prototyping, data visualization, and problem-solving.

4. How do scientists ensure accuracy when using Lego bricks for models?

Scientists use precise measurements and careful planning when constructing models with Lego bricks. They may also use specialized software or 3D printing to create accurate representations.

5. Are there any limitations to using Lego bricks in scientific research?

While Lego bricks are a useful tool, they may not always be suitable for all scientific research. Some limitations include the availability of specific pieces and the difficulty in creating fine details or complex shapes.