1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any Medical Physicists here?

1. Dec 10, 2005 #1
    Any Medical Physicists here? I'm contemplating going back to school and get some coursework done in radiation physics to be applied toward a certification as a dosimetrist. Does anyone here know what that involves? I hear its a single one year course. Do you know what text is used? Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2005 #2
    I don't know too many therapy physicists, but I would recommend looking up some therapy physicists and dosimetrists at some nearby teaching hospital. Start with calling up their radiation oncology department and see if you can talk to one of their physicists or chief dosimetrist. Tell them your interest and see if you can arrange to visit and speak with some of their dosimetrists. Your profile says you're in Boston, so MGH, Brigham & Womens or Harvard Med Center would be promising places to start. Most will be happy to offer you advice to get started.

American Association of Medical Dosimetrists
    Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board
    American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?