Any natural, non-flammable, alternative to acrylic cement?

So it's best to avoid using a heat lamp when working with it.In summary, the individual is working on a project involving welding acrylic and is seeking alternatives to the flammable and cancer-causing acrylic cement. It is recommended to use adequate ventilation, protective gloves, and avoid naked flames when working with acrylic cement. Additionally, using a heat lamp is not necessary with acrylic cement and should be avoided.
Shadow-Shocker
I am doing a project that relates to welding acrylic. I got the bottle today, and I can't use it because its flammable and has chemicals known by the state of California to cause cancer (makes you wonder why the hell they would market this crap). Are there any clean, non-flammable, and cancer-free alternatives for acrylic cement?

Engineering news on Phys.org
ALL chemicals are known "by the state of California" to cause cancer/bad breath/acne /the heartbreak of psoriasis ----- .

Acrylic cement won't explode or cause cancer as long as you take simple precautions when working with it.
1. adequate ventilation.
2. protective gloves, (eye protection too just in case of a splash)
3. no naked flames anywhere near.

rootone said:
Acrylic cement won't explode or cause cancer as long as you take simple precautions when working with it.
1. adequate ventilation.
2. protective gloves, (eye protection too just in case of a splash)
3. no naked flames anywhere near.
My main concern is that I am using a heat lamp over the acrylic? What would you suggest?

What is the heat lamp for?, acrylic cement is a fast acting solvent which does it's job very quickly without needing to be heated.

1. What is acrylic cement and why is it used?

Acrylic cement is a type of adhesive that is commonly used in construction and crafts. It is a strong and durable adhesive that can bond a variety of materials together, such as plastics, metals, and wood.

2. Are there any natural alternatives to acrylic cement?

Yes, there are several natural alternatives to acrylic cement that are non-flammable. Some examples include soy-based adhesives, vegetable-based glues, and natural resins like shellac or beeswax.

3. How do these natural alternatives compare to acrylic cement in terms of strength and durability?

The strength and durability of natural alternatives to acrylic cement can vary depending on the specific product and application. In general, they may not be as strong as acrylic cement, but they can still provide strong and reliable bonds for many materials.

4. Are there any downsides to using natural alternatives to acrylic cement?

One potential downside of using natural alternatives to acrylic cement is that they may have a shorter shelf life compared to acrylic cement. They may also have a longer drying time, which can impact project timelines.

5. Are there any safety concerns with using natural alternatives to acrylic cement?

Natural alternatives to acrylic cement may be safer for the environment and for human health compared to traditional acrylic cement, as they do not contain harmful chemicals. However, it is still important to follow proper safety precautions and use these products in a well-ventilated area.