Any older students around here?

• Thread starter Geezer
  • Start date
How about 36???

I graduated with a B.S. in Physics back in '95. I went into the Navy for other unforseen reasons at the time, and now looking to get out, but hoping to find an appropriate M.S. degree (on-line) for research type related work. Love the concepts of physics, but don't care for the math side of the house. Currently struggling to find a specialized field for M.S..

FreshStart, I don't know that you're going to find a research-based online degree. Kind of hard to find funding to get the equipment at home...

Have you considered medical physics? If you can handle the math, then it would be a good hands-on field with several options (health physics, radiation protection, etc.).

Dr Transport
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I went back to grad school for my PhD after a 2 year break and I was 27 then. I found I was a better student than the 22 year olds who came straight from getting their bachelors..

ks_physicist, I guess I'm not exactly sure what degree i need. I know I'd love to do research and design along with a team in a science, or environmental field. I could probably use some guidance here...will do some math, but don't care for it.

I'll be 29/30 by the time I finish my BS in Engineering.
Ditto!

Old farts unite and revolt!

You're never too old to learn something new. Best wishes in your endeavors.

CS
Thanks. I appreciate that.