Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any one could?

1. Oct 27, 2003 #1
    Hi Guyz, Any one here can teach me the Partial Integration Step-by-Step?

I need to know every atom in the section, i tried to understand the previous written threads but didn't,

Thanks ...

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 27, 2003 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, my first response would be that partial differentiation is no different from ordinary differentiation, with the other variables taken to be literal constants.

But I have to ask: How well do you understand ordinary differentiation?

4. Oct 27, 2003 #3

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Or do you mean 'integration by parts?'

- Warren

5. Oct 27, 2003 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Jeez, I didn't even notice that it said "integration". I saw "partial", and my brain just filled in the rest.

In that case, partial integration is usually taken to mean integration of a multivariable function over just one variable, with the others held constant.

So, Destroyer, is that what you mean, or do you mean integration by parts?

6. Oct 28, 2003 #5
    integral of 3xcosx dx is the problem.

3xsinx - 3cos x + C should be the answer base on the table.

7. Oct 29, 2003 #6
    Yes, ...

Yes I do understand Intergration and differentiation very well, i know how to get the derivative of anything, but because the integration is the opposite of differentiation, i'm getting some problems when trying to integrate some equation, especially i'm not in physics section, and i do need to make some researches on my own, hehehe

8. Oct 29, 2003 #7
    I meant ...

I just mean i want everything you know about intergration, and i would be very thankful for that :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?