Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any one please help me with mini rc helicopters

1. May 16, 2012 #1
    Hi I am an electronics undergraduate and i have been trying to implement an idea which looks exactly as the concept of mini rc helicopters.

Ok Now Without any delay i will tell my idea. I really really hope any one would help me out....

Now My Idea is to lift a weight of approx 3-4kgs using the 12v dc motor. I have read some threads in this forum and i am asking this question over here.

Iwant help on the propeller design and the attatchment as well as the compatible and suitable motor for the idea i ahve specified....
    please some one help me out....

2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2012 #2
    Re: Any ONe PLEASE HELP ME

Buy a rotor, don't design one.
    An RC helicopter forum will be much better suited to talk about the specs of various common motors and rotors than we will. You don't need physics, you need practical knowledge.

4. May 16, 2012 #3

what have you found so far from doing your own research?

5. May 16, 2012 #4

All i Got is the completely designed rc helicopters by googling about the propellers but i couldnt get any material on the propeller design suited for my requirements but when i was searching i came across one of your discussions in this forum on "how much thrust can a 252 cfm fan can provide" it too didnt say anything about propellers it just said that only motor specs manipulate the flight parameters.

6. May 16, 2012 #5

But i believe that along with the motor specs the design of the propeller alo influences the flight and it playss a major role too am i right???

7. May 16, 2012 #6

Flying weight of a 450 class helicopter is about 750 grams.700mm (27 inches) rotor diameter

Flying weight of a 600 class helicopter is about 3300 grams. 1350mm (53 inches) rotor diameter

Big, bad, and dangerous.

Design: 3.3kg, 12 volt motor, 1350mm rotor diameter

All i found are these which are nearer to my requirements

8. May 16, 2012 #7
    as an engineer, you may have to learn something on your own someday. that may involve taking things apart.
    start looking at what's already out there, and breaking it down

9. May 16, 2012 #8
    I have already done it ...i have looked out for some mini helics but all of them are designed for smaller payloads like 500gms-800gms and that too with 25-28v specs...they dont satisfy my need thats why i have posted my idea for discussion over here to get some expert guidance

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook