Can Bernoulli's Equation Solve This Differential Problem?

• Thread starter abuder3
  • Start date
In summary, the task is to solve a given equation. No further information or context is provided.
abuder3
any one solve this eq. please ?

hi all
any one solve for me this eq.

y(2xy+ex)dx-exdy=0 y(0)=2

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi abuder3! Welcome to PF! :smile:
abuder3 said:
hi all

y(2xy+ex)dx-exdy=0

ah … that's not the way this forum works. :wink:

First show us what work you've done …

which category do you think this comes in?

have you seen anything similar?

what have you tried? :smile:

:smile::smile::smile::smile:

abuder3 said:
:smile::smile::smile::smile:

Classic.

abuder3 said:
hi all

y(2xy+ex)dx-exdy=0 y(0)=2
Write it out in the form dy/dx + ... = ..., rearrange the terms and you should be able to get a recognisable DE.

I can't get any solutions

please write the solution

If you click on the "Go advanced" button at the bottom of your reply box it will present you with a number of options to add extra content into your replies.

There is a "[tex]\sum[/tex]" button which you can click on to add mathematics in LaTeX format. Its very useful when trying to communicate ideas to other as ASCII is insufficient for communicating mathematics.

Good luck
:cool:

abuder3 said:
please write the solution

Show us what work you've done

which category do you think this comes in?

have you seen anything similar?

what have you tried? :smile:

thanks!

Hi there!

It's an interesting DE! To be honest I don't have any idea how to solve it too :(

Write it out in the form dy/dx + ... = ..., rearrange the terms and you should be able to get a recognisable DE.

[tex]y(2xy+e^x)dx=e^xdy[/tex]

[tex]\frac{dy}{dx}=\frac{2xy^2+ye^x}{e^x}[/tex]

[tex]\frac{dy}{dx}-y=\frac{2xy^2}{e^x}[/tex]

Now, as I stare at it I see it's not linear and it's not homogeneous. It also cannot be solved by separation of variables.., quadrature does not work here. The 2nd power of y reminds me of the Bernoulli equation.. hmmmmm

Marin said:
Now, as I stare at it I see it's not linear and it's not homogeneous. It also cannot be solved by separation of variables.., quadrature does not work here. The 2nd power of y reminds me of the Bernoulli equation.. hmmmmm

The latter is correct, consider Bernoulli...

1. How do I solve this equation?

To solve an equation, you must isolate the variable on one side of the equal sign. You can do this by using algebraic operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Make sure to perform the same operation on both sides of the equation to maintain balance.

2. What is the order of operations for solving equations?

The order of operations for solving equations is PEMDAS (Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication and Division, Addition and Subtraction). This means that you must first perform operations within parentheses, then simplify exponents, and finally, perform multiplication and division from left to right and addition and subtraction from left to right.

3. How do I know if my solution is correct?

You can check your solution by plugging it back into the original equation. If both sides of the equation are equal, then your solution is correct. You can also use a calculator or ask someone to double-check your work.

4. Can I use negative numbers in my solution?

Yes, you can use negative numbers in your solution. Just make sure to perform operations correctly and follow the order of operations. Negative numbers are commonly used in equations and can lead to correct solutions.

5. Are there any shortcuts for solving equations?

There are certain strategies and techniques that can help you solve equations more efficiently, such as factoring, using the quadratic formula, and completing the square. However, it is important to understand the basic principles and steps for solving equations before attempting to use shortcuts.