• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Any other High School Seniors participating in this years Siemen's Westinghouse Comp?

• Schools
  • Thread starter alex caps
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

If so, state what your topic is and where you are from, I am just curous to see what others are doing. Thanks.

Answers and Replies

I'm holding out for the Intel Talent Search. I thought about it, but I would have had to hurry my thesis paper to turn it in by the deadline.

What's your project about?

Paden Roder

Well.. funny story. I was working at RPI in a chem lab all summer and then out to california for a sol-gel conference for 2 weeks and got home a few days before school started up (tuesday after labor day). I thought that the Siemen's comp. had the same deadlines as the Intel, and when I saw it wasn't, I quickly got to work. I have since came up with a project, pursued it, and written 90% of my paper. A lot of work and sleepless nights but I think I did a pretty good job on it. I am doing my project on aerogel (do a search on google if curious) and I made a capsule incorporating it into a devise used to store insulin for diabetics. What are you working on?

antimatter1422
sounds like a cool project alex.. im not doing a project for this competition though. my partner wanted to, but we are just starting a project this year and we have nothing to continue on. way too late for us (i think :cry: ) oo well. l8r

Yeah, aerogel is some pretty cool stuff. I incorperated it in a NASA design contest in Houston last year. Nice project.

Mine has to do with saving your battery in your laptop. I'm working on getting a patent in conjunction with the university I am working with though, so I can't go through with the specifics.

Good luck on the Siemens Westinghouse comp.

Paden Roder

so is anyone?