1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any other High School Seniors participating in this years Siemen's Westinghouse Comp?

1. Sep 14, 2005 #1
    If so, state what your topic is and where you are from, I am just curous to see what others are doing. Thanks.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2005 #2
    I'm holding out for the Intel Talent Search. I thought about it, but I would have had to hurry my thesis paper to turn it in by the deadline.

What's your project about?

Paden Roder
  4. Sep 15, 2005 #3
    Well.. funny story. I was working at RPI in a chem lab all summer and then out to california for a sol-gel conference for 2 weeks and got home a few days before school started up (tuesday after labor day). I thought that the Siemen's comp. had the same deadlines as the Intel, and when I saw it wasn't, I quickly got to work. I have since came up with a project, pursued it, and written 90% of my paper. A lot of work and sleepless nights but I think I did a pretty good job on it. I am doing my project on aerogel (do a search on google if curious) and I made a capsule incorporating it into a devise used to store insulin for diabetics. What are you working on?
  5. Sep 15, 2005 #4
    sounds like a cool project alex.. im not doing a project for this competition though. my partner wanted to, but we are just starting a project this year and we have nothing to continue on. way too late for us (i think :cry: ) oo well. l8r
  6. Sep 17, 2005 #5
    Yeah, aerogel is some pretty cool stuff. I incorperated it in a NASA design contest in Houston last year. Nice project.

Mine has to do with saving your battery in your laptop. I'm working on getting a patent in conjunction with the university I am working with though, so I can't go through with the specifics.

Good luck on the Siemens Westinghouse comp.

Paden Roder
  7. Oct 1, 2005 #6
    so is anyone?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?