Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any Parkour practitioners here?

1. Apr 9, 2006 #1
    Do you parkour?

I recently found out this sport/art/game actually has a name. It's free-running.

Some sweet Russian parkour
    btw, can anyone translate the russian and french (I think there's both) here?

Any other particularly good ones? Post em here.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 9, 2006 #2
    Wow, thats really cool! I've seen this done before. But this video has a story to it (somewhat). Good thread!
  4. Jun 22, 2006 #3
    Hey everybody I was just wondering if anyone here has ever heard of or "do" parkour. It's my new favorite sport, but unfortunately it isn't very popular in America yet, nor is it easy to explain.

Some good sites if you're interested and unfamiliar with it:

A new movie was recently released on June 2nd called Banlieu 13, or B13, with one of the main characters as the founder of the sport itself. Check it out, it should be pretty cool, but I haven't seen it because it isn't in 'theaters everywhere', and it is in French (but with captions).
  5. Jun 22, 2006 #4

Science Advisor

I've seen quite a few guys doing this stuff. The really good ones are very impressive. It's definitely a young man's hobby. I think some people refer to it as "tricking" here.
  6. Jun 22, 2006 #5
    Some sort of cell phone company has a commercial with a bunch of people doing that, but I had never heard the name of it till now.
  7. Jun 22, 2006 #6

Gold Member

:eek: I have enough trouble walking 2 blocks to work.
  8. Jun 22, 2006 #7
    NM, thought you had made a new thread. Confused:confused:
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  9. Jun 22, 2006 #8
  10. Jun 22, 2006 #9
  11. Jun 22, 2006 #10

Gold Member

Oh man! That just made my nads shrivel up and try to escape through my ears. I'm terrified of heights. :surprised
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?