1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any part time at home ME jobs?

1. Jan 8, 2014 #1
    Long story short, I'm wondering if there are any at home (extremely) part time ME jobs/ internships out there.

If you're interested in more background:
    I just graduated with a mechanical engineering degree in May with a 3.73 GPA. I am currently in veterinary school and was looking for some part time work. Engineering was kinda my backup career. I don't have a lot of time, but I do currently hold some hours at a CVS that I'd like to leave. The town is small though and there's no engineering firms in town. I'd love to find something to do in my *spare* time. Thanks for any insight you all have!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 9, 2014 #2

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This would likely only be possible for a highly experienced engineer running his own consulting side business. It's unlikely for a new grad with no industry experience, simply because your marketable skills are in competition with any engineering grad that's willing to take a full-time position.

You may be able to find some small contract-based CAD design jobs listed online, not sure where though. Good luck.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook