Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any questions for Venus Flytrap?

1. Sep 5, 2010 #1

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Right now Tim Reid (Venus Flytrap) is visiting next door to me. My neighbor is the brother of Tim's wife, Daphne Reid (Fresh Prince, etc). I'll be going over tonight for the birthday party of their common niece.

So, what do I say?

(Anyone under 40, google "WKRP in Cincinatti")

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 5, 2010 #2

Danger

Gold Member

I've found that it's best to treat a celebrity exactly the same way that you would any other new acquaintance. Chat about their lives and interests rather than their careers. That's not to say that you shouldn't complement them regarding performances that you admired, but don't dwell upon it. Who knows... you could end up going bowling or something with him if you get along.

4. Sep 5, 2010 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I would be curious to know if he knows that the WKRP turkey drop is considered to be one of the funniest sketches of all time.

He would probably prefer to talk about anything but his acting.

5. Sep 5, 2010 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I remember him! He was funny.

6. Sep 5, 2010 #5
    maybe ask an open-ended question like "so, are the rumors true?", and just see what comes out.

otherwise, i dunno. don't remember much about the show.

7. Sep 5, 2010 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Interesting

wiki

8. Sep 5, 2010 #7

turbo

Gold Member

Ask him if he ever hit on Jan Smithers! I know I would have! One of the prettiest ladies to ever grace a sit-com.

Of course, not the best question to ask in the presence of his wife...

9. Sep 5, 2010 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, between her and Lonnie Anderson, there was a Mary Ann-Ginger thing going on. I was always a Mary Ann type of guy, hence Smithers.

10. Sep 6, 2010 #9
    I'm 27 and remember WKRP. Maybe they were re-runs, though.

11. Sep 6, 2010 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, how was your evening with Venus?

12. Sep 6, 2010 #11

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Well, I never got to say anything to Tim Reid, but his wife Daphne, is a wonderful person. I had met her two times before. Tim spent the whole time I was there working on Daphne's new iPad, trying to get her passwords to work (something like that). We talked about photography and teaching. I never saw anything that she acted in, so there was no weirdness about it, but evidently she is the better-known actor.

Benny (my son, 5) had no problem going right up to Tim to tell him about the present they got for Rebecca (the common niece) who just turned 7. So Benny is the only one who really got to talk with him.

13. Sep 6, 2010 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How strange; there was some guy calling himself Tim Reid, on PF all last night. :confused:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook