Curious about Mars and the Moon? Ask away!

• Thread starter PRodQuanta
  • Start date
In summary, tomorrow Paden Roder will be around astronauts, aerospace engineers, and possibly astrophysicists. They are looking for a wide range of questions, particularly about the Mars space missions and the possibility of exploring Phobos. Nommos Prime is interested in whether any probes will be sent towards Phobos during the Mars missions and if it would be feasible to live on Phobos or Deimos instead of Mars. Paden Roder reminds them to avoid posting the same topic in different forums.
PRodQuanta
I'm going to be around some astronaunts and aerospace engineers tomarrow. Also maybe some astrophysicists. Does anybody have some questions they'd like me to ask? I think it is about the Mars space missions, and the whole moon deal. Although, I think they will be looking for a wide range of questions. Bring em on!

Paden Roder

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Phobos Exploration

I would like you to ask them about whether Phobos will be explored on the Mars Missions. (eg. Will any probes be "piggy-backing" on their Mars Missions, which could be sent toward Phobos?).
I'd like to think that the USA is not going to ignore this enigmatic object.

Nommos Prime (Dogon)said: I would like you to ask them about whether Phobos will be explored on the Mars Missions. (eg. Will any probes be "piggy-backing" on their Mars Missions, which could be sent toward Phobos?).
And this is a good question. I was actually going to ask if living on Phobos of Deimos would be feasible, if Mars turned out not to be. Maybe not living on one of the moons, but utilizing one of them, much like we will soom be utilizing our own.

Paden Roder

1. What is the purpose of asking "Any questions?"

Asking "Any questions?" is a way for the speaker to invite the audience to ask for clarification or further information about the topic being discussed. It also allows for a more interactive and engaging presentation.

2. Is it necessary to ask "Any questions?" after a presentation?

No, it is not necessary, but it is considered a good practice to do so. It shows that the speaker is open to feedback and wants to ensure that the audience fully understands the topic.

3. How should I respond when someone asks "Any questions?"

You can ask your question directly or raise your hand to indicate that you have a question. Wait for the speaker to call on you before speaking, and try to ask concise and relevant questions.

4. Can I ask more than one question when the speaker asks "Any questions?"

It is generally recommended to limit yourself to one question at a time, as it allows for a more organized and efficient Q&A session. However, if the speaker allows it, you may ask multiple questions.

5. Is it appropriate to ask "Any questions?" during a job interview?

It is not typical to ask "Any questions?" during a job interview, as the interviewer will usually provide an opportunity for you to ask questions at the end. However, if there is something that you are unclear about or would like to know more about, it is acceptable to ask for clarification during the interview.