Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any Santas out there?

1. Dec 24, 2007 #1

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Anyone waiting for their kids to go to bed so Santa Claus can come?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 24, 2007 #2
    Ha ha, I never believed that crap. At age 3, I was like "How does this fat guy fit down a 6 inch pipe?"(we had a woodstove, not the stereotypical fireplace) Then 'bout the same age, after relentless pestering, my mom broke down and told me what I had suspected.

4. Dec 24, 2007 #3
    Im giving my kids a lump of coal.

5. Dec 26, 2007 #4
    Wow your mum cried just because she had to tell you santza doesnt exist??

6. Dec 26, 2007 #5

Danger

Gold Member

As much as I negate this whole season on (lack of) religious grounds, I would support the Santa **** if I had a child. Being that I'm 51 (not a problem, since my dad was 55 when I was born) and W is 57 (big problem, reproductively speaking), I can just ignore the whole thing unless local kids come around.

7. Dec 26, 2007 #6
    Oerg, I meant it figuratively, as in, she crumpled under my persistant nagging and decided to tell me. No, she didn't cry, lol

8. Dec 26, 2007 #7
    Americans have it easy. Back in Poland the tradition is to have presents appear right before the Christmas eve dinner. Then presents are opened after dinner is over. In order for them to bring the presents without anyone noticing, one of the parents needs to make sure the kids are busy changing or doing something...

9. Dec 26, 2007 #8

Danger

Gold Member

Naw... atheists have it easy. We can just ignore the whole damned thing.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?