How do you make polar alignment easier for stargazing photography?

• Stargazing
  • Thread starter Space_Girl
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about amateur astronomy and stargazing. The participants discuss their experiences and offer advice on using a planetarium program and equipment such as binoculars and telescopes. They also share their passion for stargazing and encourage others to appreciate the night sky.
Space_Girl
Hello all :)

Any stargazers in here ?

Likes Andy Resnick and davenn
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Would be nice. The seeing where I live is horrible. I can usually find Orion, satellites, and a few airplanes. Venus was nice last year around this time. I usually have to drive a few miles to find Orion's dogs.

There are several members here, including myself, who are involved in amateur astronomy. If you have any particular questions, are seeking advice, or just want to show off some of your astro-images, fell free to post a thread!

am a very serious amateur astronomer and have been since around 10 years of age

Likes berkeman and russ_watters
davenn said:
am a very serious amateur astronomer and have been since around 10 years of age
Ditto.

Likes davenn, Space_Girl and berkeman
Space_Girl said:

Any stargazers in here ?
Every person on Earth should at least look at the sky every night, where ever they are at the time !

Likes russ_watters
Space_Girl said:

Any stargazers in here ?
If you are really interested in getting to know the sky, then you should install Stellarium on your computer
It's a really good planetarium type program and will give you the view of the sky where-ever you are in the world

http://stellarium.org/

do you already have ... binoculars? a telescope ?
if so, what ?Dave

Space_Girl said:

Any stargazers in here ?

I'm not a fan of labels, but I have been know to prune specific limbs from specific trees in order to make is easier to polar align my camera mount.

Likes NFuller, russ_watters and davenn

1. What is a stargazer?

A stargazer is a person who is interested in astronomy and enjoys observing and learning about celestial objects such as stars, planets, and galaxies.

2. Why would someone ask if there are stargazers in a specific place?

Someone may ask if there are stargazers in a specific place because they are interested in meeting and connecting with others who share their passion for astronomy.

3. Is stargazing a popular hobby?

Yes, stargazing is a popular hobby for many people around the world. It is a great way to learn about the universe and appreciate the beauty of the night sky.

4. Do you need any special equipment to be a stargazer?

While having a telescope or binoculars can enhance the stargazing experience, they are not necessary. Many stargazers simply use their eyes to observe the night sky.

5. What are some tips for beginner stargazers?

Some tips for beginner stargazers include finding a dark and clear location, learning to identify constellations and stars, and using a star chart or mobile app to help navigate the night sky.