Electromagnetics Textbook w/Solution Manual or CD - Intermediate Level

In summary, the person is looking for an intermediate level Electromagnetic textbook with a solutions manual or CD available. They already have the Schaums and Ulaby textbooks, but want one more book to practice more problems. They also mention that they can use an ElectroDynamics textbook and prefer one with solutions. Another person recommends Introduction to Electrodynamics by David J. Griffiths and mentions that the solutions manual can be easily found online, but advises against obtaining it illegally. Finally, they mention signing up for Cranster.
yungman
I am looking for an Electromagnetic textbook that has a solution manuel or a CD with selected solution of problems available so I can work through and compare the answers. I have the Schaums already. I also have the Ulaby textbook that have the CD. I just need one more book to workout more problems. Prefer an intermediate level. I can use an ElectroDynamics textbook also. The book don't have to be good, just have to have the solutions.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org

I like Introduction to Electrodynamics by David J. Griffiths, but that's because I have a physics background. The solutions manual for instructors is...shall we say easily obtainable online in a not-so-legitimate pdf version. ;-)

Edit: If advocating the illegal procurement of copyrighted material is against forum rules, I would ask the moderator to simply delete my second sentence above and please not to ban me (since I have a really good track record on these forums and have never done anything wrong before).

cepheid said:
I like Introduction to Electrodynamics by David J. Griffiths, but that's because I have a physics background. The solutions manual for instructors is...shall we say easily obtainable online in a not-so-legitimate pdf version. ;-)

Edit: If advocating the illegal procurement of copyrighted material is against forum rules, I would ask the moderator to simply delete my second sentence above and please not to ban me (since I have a really good track record on these forums and have never done anything wrong before).

Thank you, really appreciated. I sign on to Cranster already.

1. What is included in the Electromagnetics Textbook w/Solution Manual or CD - Intermediate Level?

The textbook includes comprehensive explanations of electromagnetic principles and applications at an intermediate level. The solution manual provides step-by-step solutions to selected problems in the textbook. The CD contains supplemental materials such as simulations and interactive exercises.

2. Is this textbook suitable for beginners in electromagnetics?

No, this textbook is designed for students with a basic understanding of electromagnetics. It covers more advanced topics and assumes prior knowledge of fundamental concepts.

3. Can this textbook be used for self-study?

Yes, the textbook is written in a clear and concise manner, making it suitable for self-study. The solution manual and CD also provide additional resources for further practice and understanding.

4. Are there any prerequisites for using this textbook?

A basic understanding of calculus, physics, and electric circuits is recommended for using this textbook. Prior knowledge in electromagnetics is also helpful, but not required.

5. How often is the Electromagnetics Textbook w/Solution Manual or CD updated?

The textbook is regularly updated to include the latest developments in the field of electromagnetics. The solution manual and CD are also updated accordingly to ensure accuracy and relevance.