Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anybody got iOS 9 yet?

1. Sep 17, 2015 #1

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

I'm downloading it onto my iPhone 5s right now. It's only a few weeks old so I don't have a boatload of third-party apps on it that might have compatibility issues. So I decided to take a chance on it while I'm in the office and can take advantage of the fast network connection here for the 1GB download. Keeping my fingers crossed...

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 17, 2015 #2
    My girlfriend got it yesterday. No issues for her so far. It's supposed to improve battery life I think. The only differences I see are a slightly different font and a different screen when closing apps. Maybe a couple new menus.

4. Sep 17, 2015 #3
    I just updated and no problems. No apps are crashing. I don't see much difference right now. Download is 1.8GB

5. Sep 17, 2015 #4

jedishrfu

6. Sep 18, 2015 #5

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

7. Sep 18, 2015 #6

jtbell

I got distracted and forgot to follow up... the update took about a half hour altogether, and everything seems to be running OK. I haven't used any apps enough to trip over any changes yet. One thing I did check out specifically was the new "transit" (subway/metro/commuter ) option in the Maps app. So far it works only for a few major cities: New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Chicago, San Francisco, Mexico City, London and Berlin. You'd think they'd include at least Tokyo and Beijing, too, for the initial rollout.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook