Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anybody know what this is?

1. Oct 27, 2012 #1

jim mcnamara

Staff: Mentor

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 27, 2012 #2
  4. Oct 27, 2012 #3

russ_watters

Internal reflection of one of the old-style street lights? Pause the video at 32 seconds...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  5. Oct 27, 2012 #4
    I don't know what made you post this, surely it was ancient aliens.

6. Oct 27, 2012 #5

Garth

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do as it says on the video, open Google Earth, go to Jacksonville, Texas and pan up and around and you will see the red 'UFO'. Its easy to see what it is, pan around and you will see a very bright sun and the top of the UFO heads straight for it.

It is a sun reflection on the camera lens.

Sorry its not more exciting...
    Garth

7. Oct 27, 2012 #6

jim mcnamara

No, Jimmy - what made me do it is some weird fuzzy growth throbbing on the back of my neck.

Garth - I thought Part Deux of the video was a joke and canned it before it said much of anything useful. Thanks.

8. Oct 27, 2012 #7

S_Happens

Gold Member

I only looked because I've actually been to Jacksonville.

It's pretty easy to move around that intersection and see how it moves with the vehicle. Also, once you make it into the intersection, you can see it in a much different location (at street level) and notice that different vehicles surround the camera as well as a different location of the sun in the sky.

It's certainly not atmospheric.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook