Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Anybody want to check my work?

1. Aug 1, 2007 #1
    I tried to post this before, but then when I hit post I was forced to see 5 other posts and it doesn't look like my post got put up, but I apologize if it did and I can't find it. Anyways, here we go again:

This assignment it kind of important, especially as the class is coming to an end. If I could get any of these problems checked I would greatly appreciate it. As you can see I am having some trouble on #3.
    Calc1.jpg
    calc2.jpg
    calc3.jpg
    Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 2, 2007 #2

Gib Z

Homework Helper

3) Just let ln(x) = u, then du= (1/x) dx and the integral is just [itex]\int u^2 du[/itex]

7) is correct but set out extremely poorly. (x= infinity - x=1)??

8) You have the correct reasoning on the second line, the first line is the working for a different question, [itex]\lim_{a\to 0} \int^2_a x^{-3} dx[/itex]

10) I can see thats incorrect because when you differentiate your result, you get factors of pi that you didn't account for. Check it.

4. Aug 2, 2007 #3

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

And in 2) between the third and fourth lines a cos^2(2*phi) magically changes into a cos^2(phi). There should be a 4*phi term in the answer.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook