1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anybody want to check my work?

1. Aug 1, 2007 #1
    I tried to post this before, but then when I hit post I was forced to see 5 other posts and it doesn't look like my post got put up, but I apologize if it did and I can't find it. Anyways, here we go again:

This assignment it kind of important, especially as the class is coming to an end. If I could get any of these problems checked I would greatly appreciate it. As you can see I am having some trouble on #3.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 2, 2007 #2

Gib Z

Homework Helper

3) Just let ln(x) = u, then du= (1/x) dx and the integral is just [itex]\int u^2 du[/itex]

7) is correct but set out extremely poorly. (x= infinity - x=1)??

8) You have the correct reasoning on the second line, the first line is the working for a different question, [itex]\lim_{a\to 0} \int^2_a x^{-3} dx[/itex]

10) I can see thats incorrect because when you differentiate your result, you get factors of pi that you didn't account for. Check it.

4. Aug 2, 2007 #3

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

And in 2) between the third and fourth lines a cos^2(2*phi) magically changes into a cos^2(phi). There should be a 4*phi term in the answer.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?