Anyone attending AAPT Summer 18 Conference in DC?

In summary, attendees are discussing the AAPT SU18 conference in Washington, DC and the LabEscape game that is being offered. They are trying to gather a group of 6 people to play the game on Monday, July 30 at 12:00 PM. Some attendees, including Dr. Transport and Dr. Zapper, have expressed interest in attending and potentially meeting up outside of the conference events. Photos from the event can be found on the AAPT's Flickr page.
Gamma
Is anyone attending the AAPT SU18 conference in Washington, DC? I am, and I have signed up for the LabEscape (I guess we need to solve a mystery to 'escape from the lab'), but need 6 people in the group to play this game. If you are going and interested in taking part in this cool puzzle game please signup. I need a team for Mon 7/30 12:00 PM slot. More about LabEscapte here: LabEscape

Thanks,
Sithy

Physics news on Phys.org
Dr Transport said:
I am going, I'll be at one of the workshops Sunday morning and can work my way downtown any other evening after work.
Cool Dr. Zapper! I have registered only for Monday. I have a poster up there. Other than that I will be walking around the booths and attend a few sessions. If you can, drop by the LabEscape at 12 noon. You need to signup though to play.

Gamma said:
Cool Dr. Zapper! I have registered only for Monday. I have a poster up there. Other than that I will be walking around the booths and attend a few sessions. If you can, drop by the LabEscape at 12 noon. You need to signup though to play.
I only signed up for the workshops, I was considering coming downtown for some of the social events in the evening. PM if you're interested in meeting later on Monday in the evening after ~5pm

Yeah I’m here, my first time!

Likes robphy
Spread the word about PF!

1. What is the AAPT Summer 18 Conference in DC?

The AAPT Summer 18 Conference in DC is an annual conference organized by the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT). It brings together physics educators, researchers, and students from around the world to share their knowledge and advancements in the field of physics education.

2. When and where is the AAPT Summer 18 Conference in DC taking place?

The AAPT Summer 18 Conference in DC will take place from July 28, 2018 to August 1, 2018 at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC.

3. Who can attend the AAPT Summer 18 Conference in DC?

The AAPT Summer 18 Conference in DC is open to anyone with an interest in physics education. This includes physics teachers, professors, researchers, graduate and undergraduate students, and other professionals in the field.

4. What can I expect to gain from attending the AAPT Summer 18 Conference in DC?

By attending the AAPT Summer 18 Conference in DC, you can expect to gain new insights and knowledge in the field of physics education, network with like-minded individuals, and discover new teaching and research techniques. You can also attend workshops, panel discussions, and presentations by renowned speakers in the field.

5. How can I register for the AAPT Summer 18 Conference in DC?

To register for the AAPT Summer 18 Conference in DC, you can visit the AAPT website and follow the registration instructions. Early bird registration ends on June 15, 2018, so make sure to register before then to receive a discounted rate.