Anyone can answer my question,

• Thread starter TonyAlmeidaAtLSE
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between the derivative and integral, specifically in the context of Leibniz and Newton's fundamental formula. The speaker also mentions the importance of understanding antiderivatives and their relationship to derivatives. The phrase "differentiating both sides as integrals of the upper limits" refers to the process of using the fundamental theorem of calculus to find the derivative of an integral. The speaker also clarifies that this is a special case of Leibniz's rule, but is commonly known as the fundamental theorem of calculus.
TonyAlmeidaAtLSE
Hi, I know I sound the most stupid here but I have an easy question here please help out:

X'(t)=dX(t)/dt

If dX/a(x) = b(t)dt
∫d(x)/a(x) = ∫b(s) ds {The upper and lower limites of lefthand side are X(t) and X(0) respectively and those of righthand side are t and 0}

Then differentiating both sides as integrals of the upper limits
X’(t)/a(X(t)) =b(t)
I don’t understand what does “differentiating both sides as integrals of the upper limits” mean? Here does it have anything to do with Leibniz Rule? What about lower limits X(0)

Your generous help and reply will be greatly appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Consider the example:
[tex]f(x)=:\int_{a}^{x} u(t) dt [/tex] (1)
Take the primitive (antiderivative) of u(t) to be U(t).Then,equation (1) becomes,after applying the fundamental formula of Leibniz & Newton
[tex] f(x)=U(x)-U(a) [/tex] (2)
These 2 functions differ through a constant,namely U(a).So it's natural to conclude they have the same derivative.
[tex] f'(x)=U'(x)=u(x) [/tex] (3)
,where i made use of the fact that U is the antiderivative of u,no matter whether the latter's argument is "x","t","v","y",...
Formula (3) means
[tex] \frac{d}{dx}\int_{a}^{x} u(t) dt=u(x) [/tex]
,where "a" is a constant.

Daniel.

Although it is a special case of Leibniz rule, it is really just the "fundamental theorem of calculus".

What is the purpose of "Anyone can answer my question"?

The purpose of "Anyone can answer my question" is to create an open forum for individuals to ask questions and receive answers from anyone who is willing to contribute their knowledge and expertise.

How do I ask a question on "Anyone can answer my question"?

To ask a question on "Anyone can answer my question", simply create an account and click on the "Ask a Question" button. Then, provide a clear and concise title and description of your question, select relevant categories, and click "Post".

Can I answer a question on "Anyone can answer my question" even if I am not an expert in the topic?

Yes, anyone can answer a question on "Anyone can answer my question". The platform encourages diverse perspectives and welcomes contributions from individuals of all levels of expertise.

How can I ensure the accuracy of the answers on "Anyone can answer my question"?

The accuracy of answers on "Anyone can answer my question" is not guaranteed. It is important to critically evaluate the information provided and consider multiple responses before coming to a conclusion. Users can also upvote or downvote answers to help indicate the credibility of the information.

Are there any guidelines for participating on "Anyone can answer my question"?

Yes, "Anyone can answer my question" has a code of conduct that all users are expected to follow. This includes being respectful, avoiding personal attacks, and providing helpful and relevant responses. Violations of the code of conduct may result in consequences such as warnings or account suspension.