Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone else like "TED Talks"?

1. Nov 28, 2015 #1
    I like then because they have so much information packed into a short time frame. Most of them are under 20 minutes. Some of them I really do not enjoy, but those are usually more political. I like the more informative ones.

So here is a TED talk of Stephen Hawking in parabolic flight. One of my favorites. I cried the first time I watched it.

(let's see if I can figure out how to embed real quick)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2015 #2

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I enjoy them.
    Yours is a very good one!

My favorite was the one by Jill Bolte Taylor: "My Stroke of Insight".

4. Nov 28, 2015 #3
    It's an amazing series and I usually get hooked quickly and watch a few. Love that they have a channel on Roku.

5. Nov 28, 2015 #4
    I am not familiar with Roku.

Jill Taylor was very well articulated in that one. I have watched it many times.

I love the one where they discuss Cassini-Huygens Saturn program. I cried watching that one as well.

6. Nov 29, 2015 #5
    I love Ted talks too !

7. Dec 8, 2015 #6
    They are more hit and miss these days. They always seem amazing, but there is some snake oil as well.

8. Dec 8, 2015 #7
    'My favorite was the one by Jill Bolte Taylor: "My Stroke of Insight".'

I'll second that. Usually I get bored quickly though and go listen to music.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook