Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone ever been to NC?

1. Jul 5, 2003 #1

I recently found out I got orders to Pope AFB, Nc in Fayetteville. Anyone ever been or lived there and can gimme some good tips, areas to live or stay away from.
    Dx :wink:
    Sure gonna miss Tampa!
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2003 #2
    If you drop the soap, don't bend over to pick it up.

4. Jul 5, 2003 #3

Re: Re: Anyone ever been to NC?

LMFAO! I'll remember that!
  5. Jul 7, 2003 #4
    Boone, NC is a pretty cool town. Some friendly people and ****e. I'm not sure where nfayetville is but...
  6. Jul 8, 2003 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have spent a fair amount of time in Charlotte. Cool town! Tampa will be hard to beat though. One improvement is that the mosquitos are only half as large as a bird of prey; unlike Tampa.
  7. Jul 8, 2003 #6
    Stay away from Fayetteville...
  8. Jul 8, 2003 #7

Science Advisor

I live in NC, worked all over the state. Fayetville is a crappy town. Most towns in NC suck, with the exception of Charlotte, Greensboro(borderline), Asheville (well, anywhere in the mountains pretty much rocks) Rockingham is cool if you like drag racing or nascar, other then that it sucks.

Pick up a dirt bike while your down and drop me a line we'll go hit up Uhwarrie National Forest and I'll show ya a good time.

edited cause I'm a damn fool sometimes.
  9. Jul 8, 2003 #8

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

i lived in wilmington/wilson/greensboro from age 3-5, and they were my first memories of my childhood...good ones too, especially of the beach...NC is very pretty, but humid in the summer...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?