Have You Been to Fayetteville, NC?

• Thread starter Dx
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation is about someone getting orders to move to Pope AFB, NC in Fayetteville and asking for tips and areas to avoid living. The conversation then shifts to talking about other cities in North Carolina and their opinions on them. They also mention activities and places to visit in NC. Overall, they have mixed opinions about the state but have some fond memories of it.
Dx
Hello,
I recently found out I got orders to Pope AFB, Nc in Fayetteville. Anyone ever been or lived there and can gimme some good tips, areas to live or stay away from.
Dx :wink:
Sure going to miss Tampa!

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Dx
Anyone ever been or lived there and can gimme some good tips,

If you drop the soap, don't bend over to pick it up.

eNtRopY

Originally posted by eNtRopY
If you drop the soap, don't bend over to pick it up.

eNtRopY

LMFAO! I'll remember that!
Dx

Boone, NC is a pretty cool town. Some friendly people and ****e. I'm not sure where nfayetville is but...

Originally posted by Dx
Hello,
I recently found out I got orders to Pope AFB, Nc in Fayetteville. Anyone ever been or lived there and can gimme some good tips, areas to live or stay away from.
Dx :wink:
Sure going to miss Tampa!

I have spent a fair amount of time in Charlotte. Cool town! Tampa will be hard to beat though. One improvement is that the mosquitos are only half as large as a bird of prey; unlike Tampa.

Stay away from Fayetteville...

I live in NC, worked all over the state. Fayetville is a crappy town. Most towns in NC suck, with the exception of Charlotte, Greensboro(borderline), Asheville (well, anywhere in the mountains pretty much rocks) Rockingham is cool if you like drag racing or nascar, other then that it sucks.

Pick up a dirt bike while your down and drop me a line we'll go hit up Uhwarrie National Forest and I'll show you a good time.

edited cause I'm a damn fool sometimes.

i lived in wilmington/wilson/greensboro from age 3-5, and they were my first memories of my childhood...good ones too, especially of the beach...NC is very pretty, but humid in the summer...

1. What is Fayetteville, NC known for?

Fayetteville, NC is known for being the home of Fort Bragg, one of the largest military bases in the world. It is also known for its rich history dating back to the Revolutionary War, and its proximity to beautiful natural areas such as the Cape Fear River.

2. What is the population of Fayetteville, NC?

As of 2021, the estimated population of Fayetteville, NC is 211,657. It is the sixth-largest city in North Carolina.

3. What universities are located in Fayetteville, NC?

The main universities located in Fayetteville, NC are Fayetteville State University, Methodist University, and the University of North Carolina at Pembroke. There are also several community colleges and technical schools in the area.

4. What is the climate like in Fayetteville, NC?

Fayetteville, NC has a humid subtropical climate, with hot and humid summers and mild winters. The average temperature in the summer months is around 90°F, while the average temperature in the winter months is around 50°F.

5. What are some popular attractions in Fayetteville, NC?

Some popular attractions in Fayetteville, NC include the Airborne and Special Operations Museum, Cape Fear Botanical Garden, and the Fayetteville Area Transportation and Local History Museum. The city also hosts numerous festivals and events throughout the year, such as the International Folk Festival and the Dogwood Festival.