1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone ever do 2 internships during summer?

1. Apr 26, 2010 #1
    I already finished my undergrad and got accepted into a MSME program beginning with the fall 2010 term. I will most likely accept the offer. Anyways, a week and a half ago I also got an offer for an internship, which would last 90 days, where I can basically start as early as this week, since I'm done with school and am just spending my current time auditing some engineering courses. However, in the past couple weeks I had a couple more phone interviews for other engineering internship positions, but those companies need at least another week before they will follow up with me.

I was thinking that since the internship position I got offered lasts for 90 days, and since I still have a few more internship positions I need to follow up with, that perhaps it'd be possible to do TWO internships starting from now until the end of summer? Has anyone ever done this before? If I started my first internship now, then it would end towards mid/late July. Since my MSME program doesn't start until the end of September, that would leave me with about 2 months to do my other internship, if I get offered another one. Does this sound like a good plan? Or are companies reluctant to hire an intern as late as July and for only 2 months?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted