Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone from England, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, etc

1. Jun 23, 2005 #1

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I have a question for you guys.

A friend and I would like to spend a summer working at a summer camp, or anywhere basically, and live out in Europe for a bit. We would prefer a summer camp though because of the nature and wilderness.

Any tips on where we can go check? Websites to visit? Who can we e-mail? Cost of living?

Anything really, but we are more interested on websites of Summer Camps, so we can talk to them directly.

Thanks alot.

Jason Rox

Note: Two Canadians.

Also, we are willing to learn a new language if required. That's why we are inquiring early... for next year.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 24, 2005 #2

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Eurocamp recuitment here .

Where to go is probably a choice for you to make, Europe's a pretty big place in terms of diversity of people, culture, food, landscape etc. Personally, I love to get out into Eastern Europe, Slovenia and Hungary are beautiful and cheap. If you decide to do a summer camp thing, you're probably restricting yourself to Italy and France, and perhaps Germany and Spain (but check that), but there's no reason why you can't work for a couple of months, and then get a rail pass and travel round everywhere else too.

How long have you got to play with?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  4. Jun 24, 2005 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Don't forget Bulgaria and Romania. Very low cost and the Balkans and Carpathians have some incredible scenery.

The Danube River Valley is also exceptionally beautiful.

5. Jun 24, 2005 #4

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

edit: [delete message]
    ummm... what was the question?
    Sorry, I went way off topic.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  6. Jun 25, 2005 #5

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I have 4 months to play with, and like 10 months to plan.

I'm would like to have a job already set. I don't want to fly there and look for one either.

Anyways, thanks for all the advice and that website.

I appreciate it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?