Anyone from England, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, etc

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date

JasonRox

Homework Helper
Gold Member
I have a question for you guys.

A friend and I would like to spend a summer working at a summer camp, or anywhere basically, and live out in Europe for a bit. We would prefer a summer camp though because of the nature and wilderness.

Any tips on where we can go check? Websites to visit? Who can we e-mail? Cost of living?

Anything really, but we are more interested on websites of Summer Camps, so we can talk to them directly.

Thanks alot.

Jason Rox

Note: Two Canadians.

Also, we are willing to learn a new language if required. That's why we are inquiring early... for next year.

brewnog

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Eurocamp recuitment here .

Where to go is probably a choice for you to make, Europe's a pretty big place in terms of diversity of people, culture, food, landscape etc. Personally, I love to get out into Eastern Europe, Slovenia and Hungary are beautiful and cheap. If you decide to do a summer camp thing, you're probably restricting yourself to Italy and France, and perhaps Germany and Spain (but check that), but there's no reason why you can't work for a couple of months, and then get a rail pass and travel round everywhere else too.

How long have you got to play with?

Last edited:

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Don't forget Bulgaria and Romania. Very low cost and the Balkans and Carpathians have some incredible scenery.

The Danube River Valley is also exceptionally beautiful.

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
edit: [delete message]
ummm... what was the question?
Sorry, I went way off topic.

Last edited:

JasonRox

Homework Helper
Gold Member
I have 4 months to play with, and like 10 months to plan.

I'm would like to have a job already set. I don't want to fly there and look for one either.

Anyways, thanks for all the advice and that website.

I appreciate it.

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving