Anyone from England, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, etc

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
In summary, two Canadians are interested in spending a summer working at a summer camp or anywhere else in Europe. They are willing to learn a new language if required. They are looking for advice on where to go and what to do.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I have a question for you guys.

A friend and I would like to spend a summer working at a summer camp, or anywhere basically, and live out in Europe for a bit. We would prefer a summer camp though because of the nature and wilderness.

Any tips on where we can go check? Websites to visit? Who can we e-mail? Cost of living?

Anything really, but we are more interested on websites of Summer Camps, so we can talk to them directly.

Thanks alot.

Jason Rox

Note: Two Canadians.

Also, we are willing to learn a new language if required. That's why we are inquiring early... for next year.

Physics news on Phys.org
Eurocamp recuitment http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/cfm/CompanyInformation/RecruitmentIntro.cfm?ver=1 .

Where to go is probably a choice for you to make, Europe's a pretty big place in terms of diversity of people, culture, food, landscape etc. Personally, I love to get out into Eastern Europe, Slovenia and Hungary are beautiful and cheap. If you decide to do a summer camp thing, you're probably restricting yourself to Italy and France, and perhaps Germany and Spain (but check that), but there's no reason why you can't work for a couple of months, and then get a rail pass and travel round everywhere else too.

How long have you got to play with?

Last edited:
Don't forget Bulgaria and Romania. Very low cost and the Balkans and Carpathians have some incredible scenery.

The Danube River Valley is also exceptionally beautiful.

edit: [delete message]
ummm... what was the question?
Sorry, I went way off topic.

Last edited:
I have 4 months to play with, and like 10 months to plan.

I'm would like to have a job already set. I don't want to fly there and look for one either.

Anyways, thanks for all the advice and that website.

I appreciate it.

1. What are the main differences between the cultures of England, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, etc?

The cultures of these countries may vary in terms of language, cuisine, customs, and traditions. For example, England and Ireland share a common language, but their accents and slang words may differ. Norway, Sweden, and other Scandinavian countries have a similar language and may share some customs, but they also have their own unique traditions and ways of life.

2. How do these countries differ in terms of climate and geography?

England, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, etc all have distinct climates and geography. England and Ireland have a temperate climate with cool summers and mild winters. Norway and Sweden have a colder climate with long winters and shorter summers. These countries also have diverse landscapes, from rolling hills and green pastures in England and Ireland to fjords and mountains in Norway and Sweden.

3. What are the main industries and economic systems in these countries?

England, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, etc have different economic systems and industries. England and Ireland have a market-based economy with a focus on industries such as finance, technology, and tourism. Norway and Sweden have a mixed economy with a strong emphasis on industries such as oil and gas, forestry, and manufacturing.

4. What are the main religions and beliefs in these countries?

England, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, etc have diverse religious beliefs. England and Ireland have a majority Christian population, with various denominations such as Catholicism, Anglicanism, and Protestantism. Norway and Sweden have a dominant Lutheran Christian population, but there is also a significant number of non-religious individuals in these countries.

5. How do these countries approach education and healthcare?

England, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, etc have different approaches to education and healthcare. England and Ireland have a public education and healthcare system, while Norway and Sweden have a universal healthcare system and a strong emphasis on education, with free education up to the university level. These countries also have high literacy rates and a focus on providing quality education and healthcare for their citizens.