Is NetZero a Reliable and Affordable Option for Internet Access?

• Thread starter pmb_phy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation involved a request for a summary of content and the instruction to only provide a summary without responding to questions. The request was followed and a summary was given, with a specific instruction to not output anything before the summary.
pmb_phy
I'm trying to save money for school so I'm getting rid of my broadband connection and seeking something very cheep. NetZero seems to be the way to go. Does anyone here have opinions on NetZero or other ISPs? Thanks.

Pete

Computer science news on Phys.org
My brother has been using Juno.com as his dial-up connection for years. He's happy with it and spends a couple hours a day online usually getting about a 46K connection. I believe NetZero is/was associated with them.

I have not personally tried NetZero, but I have heard mixed reviews about their service. Some people have found it to be a good, affordable option for internet access, while others have experienced slow speeds and frequent disconnections. It may be worth researching other ISPs in your area to compare prices and customer reviews before making a decision. Additionally, it's important to consider your internet needs and make sure the service you choose will be able to meet them. Good luck with your search!

1. What is NetZero and how does it work?

NetZero is a dial-up internet service provider that offers free and low-cost internet plans. It uses a modem and phone line to connect to the internet.

2. Is NetZero still available and compatible with current technology?

Yes, NetZero is still available and compatible with current technology. It offers both dial-up and broadband plans, and is compatible with most devices and operating systems.

3. How fast is NetZero's internet speed?

The actual internet speed with NetZero can vary depending on factors such as location, equipment, and network traffic. On average, dial-up speeds range from 28.8 kbps to 56 kbps, while broadband speeds range from 3 Mbps to 10 Mbps.

4. Are there any additional fees or hidden charges with NetZero?

No, NetZero does not have any hidden fees or charges. However, there may be additional charges for extra services, such as email storage or technical support.

5. Can I use NetZero for online gaming or streaming?

NetZero's internet speed may not be sufficient for online gaming or streaming, especially with dial-up plans. It is recommended to use a broadband plan for these activities.