1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone know a good site that explains matrices, no solutions, infite, etc?

1. Oct 28, 2005 #1
    Hello everyone, Anyone know any good tutorials that can explain to me how i can perform the following:
    http://img499.imageshack.us/img499/9744/lastscan1jb.jpg
    I know the basic jist of it, like all 000's in a row means infite, and thats about it :eek:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2005 #2

EnumaElish

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Start with the Ax part. What does Ax mean, can you describe?

4. Oct 29, 2005 #3

TD

Homework Helper

Can you find a link with the determinant of the coefficient matrix?

5. Oct 29, 2005 #4
    Well A is a matrix and x = <x,y,z> if its a 3x3; when b is the value of the matrix. TD, i found lots of homework problems but no solutions :(

6. Oct 29, 2005 #5

TD

Homework Helper

Have you seen the concept 'rank'? If the rank of the coefficient matrix is equal to the rank of the augemented matrix, then the system Ax = B has solutions.

Link with the determinant: if det(A) = 0 and A is an n x n matrix, then rank(A) < n, or: A is a singular matrix. If det(A) =! 0, then A is a regular matrix and its rank is n.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?