Anyone know how does the stealth technology work?

In summary, the stealth technology works by creating an air craft that has a geometry that allows it to reflect radar away from the source while still allowing it to be arodynamic enough to fly. This is how it is done in the F-117 and the B-2 bomber.
vincent81
Anyone know how does the stealth technology work?

Computer science news on Phys.org
im assuming your talking about the stealth bombers and such. Wot happens is they found out that certain angles reflect radar waves (witch work similar to sonar). So the idea is to create an air craft that has a geometry that allows it to reflect radar away from the source while still allowing it to be arodynamic enough to fly. This is how its done in the F-117. In the B-2 bomber they use a technology called continuous curvature. I am not really sure how that works. However, stealth tech does not make them invisible to radar. Wot it does is reduce the effective range of radar. When other countries "lay down" rader defences they have them overlap a little bit. But since there is stealth, it allows a plane the traverse through "gaps" in the radar coverage that don't exist for other planes.

...if that made no sense i made a rough diagram as to wot I am talking about.

Attachments

• stealth path.jpg
    stealth path.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 550
i was referring to US research on stealth suit to make their troops invisible.

what makes something invisible?
Is invisibility possible?

o ok, my bad. yeah, they have been doing research into a suit that has pin hole cameras pointing out and then projects the image it sees on the other side. There are obvious flaws to this idea. There was a working prototype, however, it was very very low res with a pixle a couple of inched in diameter. the effect that was created was slightly better than that of camo fatigues. Though, you still need to address the heat generated from both the body and the suit. I heard about something called the Philadelphia experiment. THe idea (or controversy) was to use magnetic fields to warp light around the ship effectivly creating a "bubble" in witch no light got in or out. but that's just a conspiracy.

1. How does stealth technology make an object invisible?

Stealth technology uses a combination of materials and design elements to reduce the radar cross section (RCS) of an object, making it less detectable by radar. This can include using radar-absorbent materials, such as carbon fiber or composites, and shaping the object in a way that reflects radar waves away from the source.

2. How does stealth technology work against infrared sensors?

In addition to reducing the RCS, stealth technology also works against infrared sensors by using special coatings that absorb or disperse heat. This makes the object less visible to infrared detection, which relies on detecting heat signatures.

3. Can stealth technology be used in all types of weather?

While stealth technology is most effective in clear weather conditions, it can also work in poor weather, such as rain or fog. However, it may not be as effective in these conditions, as the weather can interfere with the radar-absorbent materials and alter the object's shape.

4. How does stealth technology affect an object's performance?

Stealth technology can impact an object's performance in various ways. It can add weight to the object, which can affect its speed and maneuverability. Additionally, the design elements used for stealth may also affect the object's stability and control.

5. Can stealth technology be used on any type of aircraft or vehicle?

Stealth technology can be used on a variety of aircraft and vehicles, but it is most commonly used on military aircraft, such as fighter jets and bombers. It can also be used on ships and ground vehicles, but the design and materials may differ depending on the specific application.