1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone Know?

1. Oct 19, 2005 #1
    Does anyone know where I can find the answers to all of the problems in the Calculus, 7th edition book by Larson, Hostetler, Edwards? My math teacher is not very good because she refuses to go over all of the homework that she gives us, which is a lot, and she doesn't even collect it for a grade. She will only go over about five or 10 of the 25 or 30 problems she gives us each night and she only assigns even problems because the answers to the odds are in the back of the book. I wouldn't use these answers to just get homework done more easily because, like I said, she doesn't grade it or anything so it won't matter if I have the right answers. I just want to see if the answers that I get are correct so I know what I need to work on. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2005 #2

shmoe

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Unfortunately I don't know where you can find all the answers, apart from a teachesr solutions manual, which publishers generally don't sell to students. I'm not sure I understand her motivation for only assigning even problems. If they aren't being graded then they are presumably entirely for your benefit, so it shouldn't matter if you have the answers or not.

Sometimes professors will make copies of the teachers solutions manuals available. You could ask if she'd be willing to do that, though it doesn't seem likely in this case. Failing that you could ask if she'd be willing to provide at least the answers after the homeworks been done so you can check it yourself.

Failing even that, you could just do the odd problems instead. Even/odd are generally arranged to have the same content (though some exceptions), so you won't be missing anything. You could consider the class time spent going over the even problems as extra practice. Finally, for problems you're unsure about, you can always post your work here for someone to look over.

4. Oct 19, 2005 #3

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you want to know if you've done any of the even numbered questions correctly, post your solutions right here in the homework help section of Physics Forums, and people will look at them and offer you feedback.

5. Oct 19, 2005 #4
    Alright thanks for the advice. I will surely try to see what I can come up with on this situation.

6. Oct 19, 2005 #5

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

By the way, I teach out of that exact same book and I have the solution manual. :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?