Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone need job?

1. Oct 24, 2004 #1
    Interested in working with the latest technology, including GPS, lasers and the Mexican backhoe. We just fired an idiot and are looking to replace him. Not so much for the idiot position, but the surveyor in training position. Great career opportunity. I am billed out at $300 an hour so there is definitely good money in surveying, once you get licensed. I started out about 5 or 6 months ago and already have nearly doubled my salary, got a company truck, company cell phone and a computer. Downsides include starting at the bottom, hot summers in Arizona and working for me.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 24, 2004 #2
    Warning: I don't lie, all the stupid things I've said I've done here, except for the murders, are quite common. Strange situations seem to find me irresistable.
    Also when I say starting at the bottom you have to realize that the entire company and everyone working here can and has gone to lunch in one vehicle with enough room left over to pick up a couple of hitchhikers.

4. Oct 24, 2004 #3
    Another downside: employees get paid when the company gets paid so sometimes a week or two goes by without a check, but you usually end up getting a raise out of the boss cause he feels bad.

5. Oct 24, 2004 #4
    And I thought grammar was one of your pet peeves.

Mike

6. Oct 24, 2004 #5
    Sounds like it would be interesting, but there's that whole school thing...

7. Oct 24, 2004 #6
    Wow, are you my brother? What's up? Long time no see.

8. Oct 24, 2004 #7

Tsu

Gold Member

Hey! Yeah, trib! Your brother's been here and been telling us all KINDS of cool things about you!! :biggrin:

You, TRIBDOG, you!! :surprised

9. Oct 24, 2004 #8
    None other. Just working. Hey, Jolene is going to be down there in about a week if you wanted to see the boys. I can't make it though, I'll be in Oklahoma City for a school. I'm sure you remember those times with dad. My school is only a week this time. Although I did spend 3 months there this summer, and will have another 2 months next summer.

I will possibly be bombarding this site with stories of your antics while you were a kid although I don't remember any as unique (or stupid) as some I have read on here. I do have some baby pictures I may post as well :rolleyes: . How much money do you have? I am not above taking bribes.
    Shoot me an e-mail if ya wanna. user name at aol.
    Talk to you later
    Mike

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2004
  10. Oct 24, 2004 #9

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'll pay!!!!!! How much do you want? :tongue2: :biggrin:

11. Oct 24, 2004 #10

Tsu

Gold Member

We have CHOCOLATE, Mike!!!! We give chocolate for stories!!!! :buggrin:

12. Oct 24, 2004 #11

Evo

That's a new one. :bugeye:

13. Oct 24, 2004 #12

Tsu

Gold Member

rented fingers...

14. Oct 25, 2004 #13
    Oh man, you haven't been going into the archives have you Mike? You shouldn't have to, there's not much in there anyway. Right everybody? Tribdog is sort of boring, stays out of trouble, that sort of thing.

15. Oct 25, 2004 #14

Evo

Yeah right!!! :rofl:

tribdog, you make life worth living. :approve:

16. Oct 25, 2004 #15
    Of course. Never caused any trouble. Always on the straight and narrow. Gotcha. I believe we all know better.
    Mike

17. Oct 25, 2004 #16

Janitor

Science Advisor

I ran into an ex-Air Force fellow named Bob Phillips who has his own GPS company in the Phoenix area. It turns out he found an ancient Indian obsidian axe head alongside a road in eastern New Mexico that I have been on. It is now on display at a museum in Denver, he says.

18. Oct 25, 2004 #17

Tsu

Gold Member

<snort>
    :rofl:

19. Oct 27, 2004 #18

jimmy p

Gold Member

Oh dear, I find it hard enough to deal with one tribdog... now there are two!!! however mjwhip2 seems like the easily converted fellow. Give me ammunition to use against tribdog and you can have a shiny penny!

20. Oct 27, 2004 #19
    don't listen to him Mike. JP doesn't have a shiny penny, he's always begging for cash.

21. Oct 27, 2004 #20

jimmy p

Gold Member

:biggrin: if you werent such a skinflint and donated, I might have a shiny penny to give him!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?