Anyone quit a bad habit lately?

• Thread starter theoristo
  • Start date
In summary: I'm getting tired of this, you better come out NOW!"In summary, the conversation discusses various bad behaviors that have been quit, such as smoking, drinking alcohol, and eating unhealthy foods. The speakers also mention struggles with other bad habits, such as cursing and speeding while driving. One person is looking for advice on how to help their sister quit verbally attacking people, while another admits to having no plans to quit cursing. The conversation also touches on the idea that these bad habits may be influenced by the people we interact with.
dlgoff said:
You don't know how much I appreciate hearing this. Now I know these damn things have this ability of jumping out of your hands and know how to hide just to ... with you. They deserve being cursed out IMO. It's been going on a while with me; I just didn't want to say anything. But now it seems the objects are getting better at it. Hence more WTFs here.
Man said to the universe:
"I exist."
The universe replied:
"The fact does not create in me a sense of obligation."
It paused, then added "But I am going to mess with you a bit."
apologies to Stephen Crane

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
jim hardy said:
apologies to Stephen Crane
Damn Universe!

Does anyone else ever think that thoughts that tend to be wrong in the end but which you still entertain for months or years before finally abandoning are like drugs? In that sense, a transition out of one immediate goal to another is like like quiting a bad habit.

As of today, I quit working. I will probably go back to that bad habit after my vacation is over next week. :biggrin:

Aero51 said:
I stopped eating refined carbs and sugars about two weeks ago and I feel great! Pretty much just eat turkey, chicken, pork, fish, fruit, veggies. I completely lost my taste for red meat.

Do not lie to yourself. I stopped eating wheat for 7 years yet I had a taste for wheat last week when my college was giving away burgers and sandwiches free of charge. Unfortunately I paid for it the following morning on the toilet, but it was delicious the day before.