Anyone watch House ?

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper

None of you find it odd that House routinely orders the other doctors to break into the patient's homes
I think breaking into patients homes to steal their TV was a standard clause on my HMO's contract

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2019 Award

None of you find it odd that House routinely orders the other doctors to break into the patient's homes to search for something that could have made them ill?
With Ed Witten's brother, anything is possible.

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2019 Award

I've never watched the show. The thought of Bertie Wooster playing an American doctor is too weird for me.
I thought he was George III.

Legend has it that during the audition, the producers liked him, but didn't care for the "fake English accent" he would be using off camera.

berkeman
Mentor

I thought he was George III.

Legend has it that during the audition, the producers liked him, but didn't care for the "fake English accent" he would be using off camera.
That would be "fake Brittish accent", assuming he auditioned in the US :biggrin:

Last edited:
Evo
Mentor

I never had heard of Hugh Laurie before, so I was shocked when I heard him speak in his native tongue. It's not natural!!

I also did not know this
Hugh Laurie was born in Oxford, England, and educated at Eton and Cambridge University, where he took a degree in Anthropology.
He took a degree? Odd way of wording.

http://www.fox.com/house/bios/hugh.htm

I wonder if Matt Witten sounds like Ed?

I also did not know this He took a degree? Odd way of wording.
I thought they read for degrees over there.

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper

I thought they read for degrees over there.
You read anthropology
You take a degree in it.
The important thing is not to imply that one demeans oneself by anything as uncouth as 'working for' or 'studying for' one.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

I'm no thief - I paid for mine.

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper

Getting mine took many hours of the claw machine at the fun fair.

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper

None of you find it odd that House routinely orders the other doctors to break into the patient's homes to search for something that could have made them ill?
It's totally odd, yet adds to the fun of it. What the hell, my disbelief is suspended, I want to hear what he'll say next.

House: Of course if they actually did anything to their own son, they'd deny it.

Parents: We'd never do anything to harm our son.

House: I say it here and it comes out there!

woman: Could I have gotten pregnant from a toilet seat?
House: Yes, provided there was a man between you and the toilet seat.

woman: We do other things in bed, couldn't a sperm have somehow gotten up there?
House: Yes, but it was probably some other man's penis that got up there.

I love House, although I really wish they'd explore his insanity more. After season 4 ended he's become such an emo pansy.

"Waah I don't want to hurt"
"Waah I want Cuddy"

Season 3 was the best in my opinion. Seasons 1 and 2 were just House...being House. Season 4 was interesting, but too short. Season 5 is OK so far.

Totally diggin the marathon today.

Gracie Lyn

I love House! :wink:

Mk

House must have changed writers. Season 5 Too much soap opera, not enough medicine. Too many characters, I want the show to be about him, not everybody else—at least if we get new people, I want the old people to actually leave, not change their hair color.

In Season 1, none of the main characters would ever have had a baby :grumble: