Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone watch Melancholia?

Tags:
  1. Apr 13, 2016 #1
    Watched it a few nights ago and still thinking about it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1527186/

First part of the movie is super slow and has no sci-fi in it. However the second part is much more interesting. Certainly lots to think about and examine in the end. Very haunting. My mind is really confused what to ultimately think of the movie.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2016 #2

Garlic

Gold Member

Even though I watched the ending part of it (from the part where the horses calmed down, it was probably the last half hour), I can say that I find it really interesting, the film had an unusual atmospherical mood. I liked the architecture of the manor.

4. Apr 14, 2016 #3
    Hi Greg:

I found the psychology of the characters reasonably realistic, and the plot premise entertaining. However, although it has been quite since I saw it, and I don't remember the details, as I remember it I thought the physics regarding the "new planet" was completely illogical.

Regards,
    Buzz

5. Apr 14, 2016 #4
    I found it a powerful and haunting meditation on the experience of hope, fear, courage and depression
    The two sisters Claire? and Justine? - the things that relate them. Beautifully filmed with strong performances IMO.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  6. Apr 14, 2016 #5
    I don't think I would watch Melancholia again. I've seen it all once and parts twice. But it's a hard one...

This one is more fun... and I think get's into some interesting science :biggrin:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2096673/

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted