1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anything positive on physics?

1. Mar 13, 2008 #1
    Lot of people are telling negative sides career as a physicist, But it physics really in such a bad position? I had a wish to research on high energy physics(particle) . Now i am undergraduate student student of physics major. Should i change field at graduate study? or take risk?

If i change field which should be good for usa or canada?

But if you are optimistic about physics then say... I don't need much much money. Just own home own car and a smooth life..
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 13, 2008 #2
    It seems like you've been attacked by those few comments made by nebuqalia in the following thread:https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=1647403

Don't worry, careers related with physics aren't in a bad condition. You should not change your major because of few discouraging comments.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  4. Mar 13, 2008 #3
    Yes you are right. Not only nebuqlia.. also other people..I am just reading ... i did not post anything there..here... thaks for encouraging ...
  5. Mar 13, 2008 #4
    The reason you only see negatives is because a lot of us already decided on becoming physicists and know the good to expect: challenging, but fun, job, furthering mankind's knowledge, prestige of having a Ph.D., whatever. All of that stuff is cool. We just need a reality check that it's not all bubble gum and roses.

However, if you think about it, no job is, so if you can't imagine doing anything other than physics, what's the point of thinking about the negatives? You'll deal with them, just like everybody else does.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?