Explore AOL Dialer for Internet Connectivity

• Thread starter Mudvaynelethaldosage
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internet
In summary, the program is called AOL Dialer and it comes with AOL. You can use it to dial up without using aols ****ty software.
Mudvaynelethaldosage
I've heard of a program that comes with aol called aol dialer or something like that. From what I hear, this program comes with aol and allows you to dial up without using aols ****ty software.
I want to use the dialer to get internet connectivity and use opera as a browser (which I am using right now with aol running in the background). I can't find the program for the dialer and am curious what it's called exactly.
anyone know?

Computer science news on Phys.org
When I was forced into AO-Hell because my wife liked it, I would simply start AOL and get access. Once you have a connection, start up your other browser and just minimize AOL. Maybe that's not what you were looking for though.

Windows comes with a phone dialer. Why do you have AOL in the first place? Do you like paying more for the same stuff?

I absolutely hate AOL. I currently minimize AOL on connection then use Opera as a browser. I just don't want to run aol's software at all other than for the connection to a dial up server. If I had my way, it'd be cable internet, but broadband won't be available in my area for a couple more years. It's my pc illiterate parents choice to have aol and I haven't found much better in the way of dial up. Just slightly better and a bit cheaper (which is still worth the switch).

The internet is the internet. AOL is probably charging you more than $20 a month when you could be paying $10 or less for the same thing. Here is a place where you can get 56k for only $6.50 a month:

http://www.650dialup.com/

thank you dduardo. I've looked over the site and it looks good. I'm going to show my parents and see if they like it.

if you don't have cable/dsl available get earthlink

1. What is AOL Dialer and how does it work?

AOL Dialer is a software program developed by AOL that allows users to connect to the internet using a dial-up connection. It works by establishing a connection between the user's computer and the AOL server through a phone line, allowing the user to access the internet.

2. Can I use AOL Dialer with any internet service provider?

No, AOL Dialer is specifically designed for use with AOL's internet service. It cannot be used with other providers.

3. Is AOL Dialer still relevant in today's age of high-speed internet?

While AOL Dialer was primarily used during the era of dial-up internet, it is still used by some individuals who live in areas with limited internet options or as a backup in case of an outage. However, with the widespread availability of high-speed internet, AOL Dialer is not as widely used as it once was.

4. How do I download and install AOL Dialer?

To download and install AOL Dialer, you can go to the AOL website and follow the prompts to download the software. Once it is downloaded, you can run the installation process, which will guide you through the steps to set up the dialer on your computer.

5. Are there any alternatives to using AOL Dialer for internet connectivity?

Yes, there are various alternatives to using AOL Dialer for internet connectivity. Some options include using a different internet service provider, switching to a high-speed internet connection, or using a mobile hotspot. It ultimately depends on your location and personal preferences.