1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AP Biology or AP Chemistry

1. Jun 29, 2006 #1
    Completed Honor Biology in June and doing Chemistry in summer school. Can do only one science class in the fall. AP Biology or AP Chemistry this fall, which one? Thanks for your help.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 29, 2006 #2

Science Advisor

I assume you have seen the topic outlines of what each course (or atleast the AP test) covers?
    AP Biology , AP Chemistry .
    Does one seem to appeal to your interests over the other?

If you have future plans on perusing more advanced biology classes [or any real science for that matter] (for example, university level), the AP chemistry would be good to have I know, but I have no idea about biology past 9th grade.

In my own personal opinion, it is a choice of the lesser of two evils, biology or chemistry. I would lean towards chemistry.
  4. Jun 30, 2006 #3
    1) Having experience in both courses, I would definitely suggest AP Chemistry over AP Biology.

2) Though, mrjeffy321, why is chemistry "the lesser of two evils" ? Moreover, how are chemistry and biology "evils" ?
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  5. Jul 2, 2006 #4
    my would suggest the chem also. As my chem prof would alway say that chem is the tool for understanding biology so it best to learn chem since after that you will have a better grasp of biology.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?