Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AP Calculus

1. Jan 26, 2010 #1

Char. Limit

Gold Member

Hello, I have an AP Calculus midterm tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks to help me succeed. The course material covers finding derivatives of any single-variable function, applying them in optimization and related rates, integral approximation, finding the integral by substitution, parts, and intuition, and applying the integral in solids of revolution, arc length and surface area, and Work.

Optimization tips would be especially helpful. Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 27, 2010 #2

Char. Limit

Gold Member

Never mind, the exam is starting in four minutes. No tips or tricks for anything, I see.

4. Jan 27, 2010 #3

Mentallic

Homework Helper

I guess the only advice I can give at this point in time...

TRY YOUR BEST & GOOD LUCK! :smile:

5. Jan 27, 2010 #4

Char. Limit

Gold Member

News report: I think I did pretty well. I understood all of the questions except one, and that I completely flopped, but I made a guess (it was multiple choice) and it might turn out right. The subject? Optimization.

In other news, I have an AP Physics final tomorrow. The focus is work and kinetic energy, with a bit of power and momentum as well. It's too late for calculus help, but does anyone have any physics help?

6. Jan 28, 2010 #5
    Stop asking so late. The midnight before... are you serious?

7. Jan 28, 2010 #6

Char. Limit

Gold Member

Since when is 4:16 PM midnight?

Or 1:55 PM?

8. Jan 28, 2010 #7
    I meant for you Calculus exam.

9. Jan 28, 2010 #8

Char. Limit

Gold Member

That was posted at 4:16 PM.

10. Jan 28, 2010 #9
    Good luck for tomorrow then!

11. Jan 28, 2010 #10

Mentallic

Homework Helper

Way off. Like a few others in the world, we don't live in the same time zone as you.
    Also Char.Limit is just looking for tips in the test. He's not asking for someone to give him a one day crash course in calculus.

12. Jan 28, 2010 #11
    We don't?

13. Jan 28, 2010 #12

Char. Limit

Gold Member

AP Physics exam complete. I understood, I think, most everything. AP Chemistry exam tomorrow, but I'm not worried about that. I can do the content in my sleep.

14. Jan 29, 2010 #13

Mentallic

Homework Helper

Surprisingly, no :tongue:

It looks like every class you take has a pointless "AP" tacked on the front of it. May I ask what that stands for?
    By the way, I loathe chemistry for never being able to pass it - kudos to you!

15. Jan 29, 2010 #14
    Advanced People?

Awkward People?

Astoundingly Popular?

16. Jan 29, 2010 #15

Char. Limit

Gold Member

Not every class... Just four of them. It stands for Advanced Placement.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook