1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AP Chem, balance Redox equation

1. Sep 10, 2003 #1
    Please help me w/ the 2 redox equations. Show me how to assign the oxidation # and how to do it plz, especially the 1st problem. The problems are attached. Thank you very much for ur time.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2003 #2

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Are the subscripts EXACTLY what you were given in the problem statement? (I know they don't agree with the original problem statement, but you may be dealing with an instructional transcription error.)

The first reaction should show ferric hydroxide (no net charge) reacting with chrome-three (Cr(III), sometimes chromous) hydroxide to produce ferrous hydroxide and chromate ion. Get you started? You have played the "game" of adding hydroxide ions (or hydrogen ion) to one side or the other for basic (or acidic) conditions?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?