Which AP Physics C review book is the most comprehensive and up-to-date?

In summary, the conversation is about choosing a review book for AP Physics C exam preparation. The speaker is considering Pelcovits' "How to Prepare for AP Physics C" as it is considered the most rigorous book but is concerned about its potential outdated content and typos. They also mention the possibility of using newer Barron's books or other review book options. Another person recommends using Princeton Review physics books along with OpenCourseWare lessons from MIT and practice FRQ's from College Board's website. The original speaker thanks them and asks if there is a significant difference between various review books for AP Physics C.
Durin
AP exams are right around the corner and I was looking at picking up a review book to begin reviewing Mechanics and EM topics. I'm curious which one to buy.

From what research I've done it seems that Pelcovits' "How to Prepare for AP Physics C" is the most rigorous book available and is actually more difficult than the exam and covers every topic. However it's old and I'm worried that the test has been updated and therefore the text would be outdated. Also, I read there are quite a few typos that make the book a bit of a pain at times. I also see that the newer Barron's books are also written by Pelcovits and I wonder if it would be as rigorous and expansive as the aforementioned book.

And if anyone knows of an equally "good" review book I'm willing to look into other options.

Physics news on Phys.org
The Princeton Review physics books are pretty good. Couple that with OpenCourseWare lessons from MIT (http://ocw.mit.edu/) as well as some practice FRQ's from College Board's website, and you'll be all set.

Thank you! I am currently taking AP physics C and was starting to research different AP test review books to get me ready for the test. Is there a huge difference between let's say a Princeton Review book compared to any similar AP physics book? I was just curious

1. What is AP Physics C and why is it important to have a review book?

AP Physics C is an advanced placement course that covers both mechanics and electricity and magnetism. It is important to have a review book because the course covers a lot of material and a review book can help summarize and reinforce the concepts and equations needed for the AP exam.

2. What should I look for in a good AP Physics C review book?

A good AP Physics C review book should have clear and concise explanations of concepts, plenty of practice problems with detailed solutions, and practice tests that closely mimic the format of the AP exam. It should also cover all the topics that will be tested on the exam.

3. Can I use review books from previous years for the current AP Physics C exam?

Yes, you can use review books from previous years as the content and format of the exam does not change significantly. However, it is recommended to use a review book that is specifically designed for the current year's exam to ensure that you are studying the most relevant material.

4. How should I use my AP Physics C review book to prepare for the exam?

It is important to start studying early and use the review book as a supplement to your regular class notes and assignments. Set aside dedicated study time each day to go through the review book, practice problems, and take practice tests. It is also helpful to use the review book as a reference while completing homework and studying for tests in your AP Physics C class.

5. Are there any online resources that can be used in conjunction with an AP Physics C review book?

Yes, there are many online resources such as video lectures, practice problems, and study guides that can be used in conjunction with an AP Physics C review book. These resources can provide additional explanations and examples to supplement the material in the review book.