Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AP Physics exam

1. May 12, 2004 #1
    How did everyone do? :)

2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2004 #2
    absolutly horrible! i wouldnt be surprised if i got a two. i swear to god that e&m free response killllled me. or, i just dont know physics, which i think was the real problem :biggrin:

4. May 14, 2004 #3
    Tell which exam you took and how you did... I took C... EM was easier than mechanics for me...

5. May 15, 2004 #4
    What is AP? A kind of exam you do to be able to go to the university? I'm feeling curious :)

6. May 17, 2004 #5
    A test that looks like this... pdfs, so have Adobe

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/physics_c/samp.html

And a noncalc base more comprehensive exam with this one

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/physics_b/samp.html

Take it and see how you do! :)

Its a exam for students to see how they do by their standards and graded on a scale of 1-5 for the overall grade with 5 being the highest. With sufficient score, a 4 or 5(accepted almost everywhere), you can bypass the intro to ______ classes at university and go into the better stuff...

7. May 17, 2004 #6
    AP Physics is definetely an excellent course to take for a an aspiring scientist or engineer--- alas my school never offered it, partly because it's difficult to find people who will teach at a highschool but also know quite a lot about the subject.

8. May 17, 2004 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Can you take an AP exam after you have left high school? I sure would like to get my foreign language credit out of the way - but I don't know if AP is an option for us old folks!!

9. May 17, 2004 #8
    You can if you are still enrolled in college or even beyond college. Requirement for AP exam is you pay $80 or so, do whatever you want for a year, and take a exam... There is a checkbox for grade 12 and beyond on the grade thing for the scantron so I guess you can take it in college if you dun wanna pay crap loads of $$$ for some intro to Chemistry or something like that...

10. May 17, 2004 #9

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks, EM. I appreciate the info and I am gonna look into that!

11. May 17, 2004 #10
    There was this really funny SAT prank that one adult did... He did it the smite the test and Collegeboard itself... He strived to get the lowest score possible on the SAT and failed because he random guessed a grid in correct by spelling his name using numbers! What luck! Anyways... You can always do APs alone but you might not be as prepared as those who work in groups or have constant discussion about the topics which they are studying in... For Physics/math, of course, you haave here so thats no biggy but for foreign language... Try Pimsleur. :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?