• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

APA Guidelines

• Thread starter Sting
  • Start date
Anyone know of some good links that provide information on APA citation and format?

Brief:
http://www.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/library/workshop/citapa.htm [Broken]
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/research/r_apa.html [Broken]

Last edited:
Thanks Greg!

I'm trying to find a remedy due to years of MLA corruption at the hands of English professors.

Personally I'm sick of all the formats and it seems every class wants you to cite in a different one.

Yes, I can understand why you would be sick of it. Settling on one type of citation (perhaps taking to good points from both?) would be ideal.

I have a Harbrace Handbook and it has a few APA citations but mostly MLA citations. I am writing a paper on Linear Transformations for the Physics Post and I wanted to cite a lecture (but it [the Harbrace] only offers lectures in MLA, not APA). I had the hardest time trying to find it for APA standards. Then, when I needed to cite a web site for my English paper, the Harbrace offers the citation in APA, but not MLA. It is very vexing.

Do you mean Hodges Harbrace Handbook? I despise that book. Anyone want to buy it?

Do you mean Hodges Harbrace Handbook? I despise that book. Anyone want to buy it?
Yep, that awful awful awful book.

I would burn mine but that would be a waste of ATP molecules on my part.