1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

APA Guidelines

1. Aug 5, 2003 #1
    Anyone know of some good links that provide information on APA citation and format?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 9, 2003 #2
  4. Aug 9, 2003 #3
    Thanks Greg!

I'm trying to find a remedy due to years of MLA corruption at the hands of English professors.
  5. Aug 9, 2003 #4
    Personally I'm sick of all the formats and it seems every class wants you to cite in a different one.
  6. Aug 10, 2003 #5
    Yes, I can understand why you would be sick of it. Settling on one type of citation (perhaps taking to good points from both?) would be ideal.

I have a Harbrace Handbook and it has a few APA citations but mostly MLA citations. I am writing a paper on Linear Transformations for the Physics Post and I wanted to cite a lecture (but it [the Harbrace] only offers lectures in MLA, not APA). I had the hardest time trying to find it for APA standards. Then, when I needed to cite a web site for my English paper, the Harbrace offers the citation in APA, but not MLA. It is very vexing.
  7. Aug 19, 2003 #6
    Do you mean Hodges Harbrace Handbook? I despise that book. Anyone want to buy it?
  8. Aug 20, 2003 #7
    Yep, that awful awful awful book.

I would burn mine but that would be a waste of ATP molecules on my part.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?